Centerfold

AUTHOR'S NOTES: Hello! This is my first fanfiction for Fairy Tail. I must say, I am shipping Gruvia so damn hard and I can't help myself but to write this. Well, it's mostly because of the recent events in the story. I am disappointed with how Gray and Juvia reunited; I was certainly expecting more than that, but it is what it is. So I guess, a lot of Gruvia fans such as myself took all their frustrations in the fandom. I'm enjoying all these great ideas from fellow fans, but it could've been more enjoyable if it were canon, ne?

This story's idea spawned after reading Chapter 437: Magnolia. So everything here happened in between Chapters 435 and 437 (prior to their return to Magnolia). Oh hey, I'm also a fan of Gajeel and Juvia's BROTP. They're just adorable (see their small scene at Chapter 440)! Don't you think so? Hehe, anyway, enough of this.

SUMMARY: For some reason, his sight turned red, literally. Perhaps the stall owner was not able to notice that his eyes were navy blue, but now, they were a brilliant red. Gray had to breathe to make sure his black marks won't show on his skin, but he can't do anything about his eyes, and he knows that. He was mad, but he asked in the calmest manner possible. "How many copies do you still have?"

DISCLAIMER: Fairy Tail belongs to Hiro Mashima. Cover art used here is an original of Hiro Mashima (for Chapter 433), edited and recolored by deviantart user asmin-nst.

--------------------------------------------

CENTERFOLD

Releina Artemis Rockefeller

--------------------------------------------

"Juvia, I'm going now," Gray said as he put on his coat and entered Juvia's room.

"Let Juvia come with you!" Juvia huffed from her bed as she looked at him with pleading eyes.

"No, you're staying in bed," Gray sternly replied as he dipped a washcloth in a bowl of water on her bedside dresser. He wrung the washcloth and cooled it with his magic as he placed the cold fabric on her forehead.

Juvia's fevered blush just got darker. She has yet to be used to Gray nursing her. But she sighed in relief as the cool washcloth sent soothing tingles from her forehead down to her limbs.

"Take a nap, it'll be an hour or so for me to return from the market and cook for us," Gray told her as he used the back of his hand to feel her temperature on her lower jaw, and he sighed, "Yup, you definitely need to nap. Your fever hasn't gone down since this morning. Well then, I'm going."

"Gray-sama!" Juvia called and he felt her weakly grab his wrist. Gray looked back and queried, "Hmm? Want anything else from the market? Maybe those confectioneries at the town square?"

Juvia avoided his gaze and muttered, "You'll come back, right?"

"Of course, I will. Now, take a nap. I'll wake you up when it's time to eat, okay?" He said reassuringly.

Juvia nodded and slowly closed her eyes and let go of his wrist. And with that, Gray took an umbrella and left.

He sighed as he got out and opened the umbrella and ventured under the rain, her rain. Juvia loses grip of her magic every time she's sick, hence the rain.

Gray swore he felt a dull ache in his chest as he thought about her last question while he was walking under the rain. He couldn't blame her for probably getting anxious every time he decides to go out. So now, he makes sure to tell her that he was going, where to, and for how long. He didn't want to put her through what she had suffered for six months ever again. He disappeared without a word for half a year, and Juvia was worried sick, literally. He learned from Lucy, Happy, and Natsu about Juvia's health when they found her.