𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 ᅳ 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬

ᅳ 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬 ❆☃            

Chaos. Pure chaos reigned at Hallie's Bakery today. The thought of being at a party later where Happy was also there and would probably be ensnared by all the scantily dressed women drove her crazy. Or jealous?

Of course she was jealous.

It seemed like there was a chance that Happy would actually stay here in Tacoma. If she kept seeing him with someone else, it would bring her down again and again. Although Happy made it clear that he wouldn't give up on her, would he still get involved in some fun with a croweater tonight? After all, he was single and just a man. Maybe he was sleeping with them since he was back.

But just because she was jealous, she couldn't just forgive and forget everything and rush into a relationship just to keep other women away from him. Right?

"Oh, come on!" Her annoyed groan echoed through the kitchen after some Christmas cookies slipped off the tray when she took them out of the oven.

Placing the hot tray on the counter, she crouched down and picked up the cookies, sighing. Now she had to make them all over again. Or maybe she would just stick with cupcakes and mini cakes for today that she had already made. And she still had a few cookies from the day before.

So the cookies ended up in the trashcan before she washed her hands. Just as she was about to start decorating the remaining cookies from yesterday, she heard the bell ring in the front.

"I'll be right there!", she called out, grabbed the tray with some cupcakes from the fridge and brought them to the front, where one of her closest friends was waiting for her behind the counter.

"Trent, hey! As always?", she asked with a smile as she placed the cupcakes in their usual place. "How's Andy?"

"Yes, as always please", he winked, a sparkle in his eyes as he glanced at the cupcakes like a child standing in front of the Christmas tree. "And two of them, please. Oh, and Andy's fine, he told me to say Hi."

"That's sweet, please say Hi to Andy from me, too", she told her former classmate while she prepared his usual order.

While the coffee was brewing, she gently placed an apple pie and the two cupcakes in a small, red, Christmas-patterned box. But the gold ribbon didn't do what she wanted, which made her increasingly nervous.

And as empathetic and sensitive as Trent was, it didn't take long for him to notice that something was wrong with Hallie. "Are you okay, Hal?"

"Yeah, why?" Her head shot up after the bow finally turned out the way she wanted it.

"Because I have the feeling that you want to throw my order against the wall because of that", he pointed to the bow with a grin on his lips. "Since when do little things like that get you all worked up?"