zero.

"Do I really have to leave you this summer?" I complained to my mom for the 5th time today.

I didn't want to leave my mom here in England. Yes, we live in England and have been for the past 5 months ever since my mom got a new job here. And yes, we're American. Americans living in England. Which also means my journey to Costa Rica is gonna be one long heck of a ride.

"Sweetie, how many times do I have to tell you this. You need to spend some time with your brother, he hasn't seen you in....5 years now." My mom said, as we both got out of her powder blue jeep, that we've owned ever since I was 13.

My mom just dropped me of at the airport, because my older brother, Owen, had called my mom 2 months ago saying he wanted to see me, his little sister this summer. So now here I am, on my way to Costa Rica to visit my brother who trains velociraptors for a living.

I held my suitcase tightly as we both walked towards the airport building. There were lots of people everywhere, families hugging each other goodbye, couples hugging and kissing and business people walking around looking all sophisticated with their suits and briefcases.

I turned towards my mom and sighed, before wrapping my arms tightly around her. "You know you still have time to take me back home." I said, hoping she would agree and drag me back to her car.

My mom and I broke off our hug, and she gave me a stern look but I could tell she wanted to laugh. "Wendy, what did I say?"

"I know, I know. Owen misses me and wants to see me." I said, mimicking my mother's voice.

"There we go." She said, putting on a smile that made wrinkles appear on the side of her mouth. I sure was gonna miss my mom.

We both stood there staring at each other until the sound of the flight attendants voice broke off through the speakers signaling that the plane was boarding. "I guess that's my cue," I said, blankly.

"Don't be upset about this, Wendy. Owen's your brother you should be happy and excited to see him." My mom said. Owen and I used to be close until he left and we both kinda lost contact, now my mom's only hope is Owen and I will re-kindle our brother-sister relationship this summer. I actually hope so too. I miss having a brother to joke around with.

"I'm going to try my best, mom. Please understand." I reassured after noticing that she was tearing up.

"Alright I will , you have fun okay? Take care, and send my love to your brother. I love you both so much, and if anything happens run like your life depends on it." My mom joked, while wiping her eyes.

"Will do, mom. I love you, bye!" I said, waving goodbye to her while dragging my suitcase and entering the boarding section.

______________________

After a long hour ride on the plane, I finally made it to the beautiful and sunny country that is, Costa Rica. It was amazing here, the place had such a cool aura around it. It felt so good.

I took a deep breath and tried to take in the breathtaking smell around me.

"Welcome, all aboard the boat to Isla Nublar!" A man wearing khaki shorts and a white shirt greeted everyone with a smile.

I smiled at him politely and handed him my ticket as I now boarded the boat. I entered, and was seated outside the boat on a bench with a cushion on it. Not exactly a comfy place to sit in for 2 hours, but it'll do. I put my suitcase beside me and sat cross-legged, my phone vibrated in my pocket and I'm assuming it's probably a text from my mom. I took it out and it was just a notification from Facebook. Ignore.

The boat started moving and before I knew it, we were sailing our way to the wondrous island that is, Isla Nublar. I actually started to feel excited, my stomach felt all giddy and it felt great to have the wind blowing around my face. It's beginning to feel a whole lot like summer.

Hours later, we started getting closer towards the Island. It was so beautiful to pass by all those amazing evergreen trees, especially when the water itself was crystal blue. It felt like paradise and I started shifting excitedly on my seat, which made a smile appear on my lips. This summer probably won't be as bad as I thought. As we got closer and closer a huge logo from a distance could be seen, and the nearer we got it was even more visible. Jurassic World, the logo was shimmering in white-grayish paint. Since we've reached our destination, the huge wooden door in front of us opened and I started getting giddy. It was amazing! I couldn't wait to get off this boat and start exploring. It's crazy how my mood changes so fast.

A loud bell rang signaling us that it was time to get off the boat. I didn't even hesitate to grab my suitcase and line up like an excited child. I do consider myself a child of course. After waiting long minutes I was out of the line and dashing my way inside the resort. It was gigantic! I can't even explain, there were lots of souvenir shops and dinosaur statues, looking forward to seeing the real ones. It was amazing here.

"WENDY!" Said a voice I haven't heard in so long. Owen.

I turned around and saw him staring right back at me looking excited as ever. He was wearing a white plain shirt and pants. I put on a smile and walked up towards him. "What? You finally see your big brother and you don't bother to hug him?! Unbelievable." He joked making me chuckle.

I hugged him and he hugged back a little bit tighter. "So do you miss me?"

"I guess, I've missed you." I chuckled. I do miss him.

He stared at me shockingly. "Woah, I'm surprise you still don't have a British accent since mom and you moved."

I playfully punched him in the arm as we both walked towards the tour vehicle that he drove here I suppose. "It's only been 5 months, plus mom and I aren't sure how long will stay in England." He helped me put my suitcase in the back of the vehicle as we both entered the vehicle and sat on both the front seats as we drove away.

"So where do you stay here?" I asked while fiddling with my fingers.

"Uh, I live here in the resort, just a bit further away from the mainland of the attraction." He answered, not keeping his eyes off the road.

"Cool, so....am I gonna have fun here?" My voice sounding higher than usual.

He didn't say anything, he just handed me this ticket that was in a ID holder. "What's this?"

"You've got the VIP pass, which means you don't have to wait in line for any of the attractions you want to see later on!" He exclaimed like a 5 year old.

My eyes were pretty much  bulging out of my eyes. "Seriously?!"

"Yup. Welcome to Jurassic World."

_____________________________________

Hey! Hope you guys enjoyed this! And yes Wendy and her mom moved to England, I hope thats understandable :) so pls vote and comment and I'll post the next chapter soon. I also want to say that I do not own Jurassic World, I only the characters I made up :) thank youuu.

This book is dedicated to my best friend nicolehh_tmr_4 hope you're having fun in the U.S.!!!! Miss youuu