The first night

Just a bit of background
This is the first night of norton and orpheus being together.
I imagine both of them being affection starved and very anxious about being affectionate.
If this is ooc, I apologize, I'm still new to idv so I haven't been able to properly characterize the characters I use here, but again this is just a slice of my mind.
With that being said, please enjoy.
🧲📖

his cold pen in hand, orpheus found himself within his room, sat in his chair at his desk, notebook in front of him.
Almost like a ceremony, a candle to his right, lit just enough for him to see, the aroma putting him into the perfect mood.
He began writing, a new novel he always had an idea for, but couldn't conjure the way to execute it.
His hand glided across the page, being an expert at cursive, he rarely lifted his hand. He found himself slipping into his thoughts until something broke that trance.
A sound, more specifically, the creak of the door
Turning he saw no one but the raven haired man he unwittingly fell in love with.
They made eye contact, for a second or two before he spoke up

"What are you writing about?"

Norton inquired, walking over to the bed, —not too far from the desk— and sitting down.

"A new novel, I want to expand my genres—I wanna try to make something romance based."

He replied, turning back to his notebook.

"Go figure."
Norton retorted, seemingly unamused by the coincidental nature of the situation.

"And what's that supposed to mean?"

He turned back to norton, pausing his craft to properly address him.

"I mean it's just conveni—"
norton finally made eye contact with orpheus once more, and to his surprise, his heart skipped a beat.
"Nevermind. Just continue."

He looked off at the door, intimidated by the novelist's look, but also allured.

"No, finish your thought—humor me."
Orpheus wore a strong poker face, one Norton couldn't quite see through.

"Fuck off."
Norton snapped, feeling like his kindness was being taken for granted.

Despite his exterior, Orpheus was definitely the sensitive type. To the point this simple phrase did hit him.

"If you're that interested.. you could just.. read while I write."

Norton was surprised by the proposition, but was happy to oblige
"Sure— er— where do I sit?"
The locked eyes indicated their thoughts, thinking the same thing, both pairs avert gazes, until the short silence was broken
"Stay here, I'll get a chair." The novelist stood up, walking to the door, and almost in awe, Norton watched his every step.
He was head over heels for orpheus, but didn't know how to express it.
Standing up and going over to the notebook, he read a small portion of the writing
His face slightly flushed, he always admired his writings, but to find romance within a work he could only but imagine himself as the main characters love interest.
Soon orpheus re entered, chair in hands. He placed it down next to his own and brushed it off
"There." Norton looked at the seat while Orpheus sat down
He noticed Norton's stare and patted the seat gently
Norton sat down and looked at the novel once more, but couldn't find himself to focus.
He wanted to make a move— orpheus was his boyfriend, and yet he was still too shy to enact anything.
He decided to lean in a bit closer to him, resting his arm orpheus's shoulder, slightly pulling him closer
"You aren't reading are you?"
Orpheus accused

"I'm not."

"That's okay.. I don't know if I'm in the mood to continue writing."
He admitted, closing the notebook and setting his pen to the side.
Afterwards, he rested his head onto norton's shoulder
Norton held orpheus close, simply spending time in the silence, until orpheus noticeably fell asleep

Norton blew out the candle and picked orpheus up, taking him back over to the bed.
Lying him down under the covers and then climbing on himself
Cuddling up with a sleeping orpheus he simply smiled
"Goodnight Orpheus,
I love you."