Lost in Dimensions

As I floated in the air, it felt as if someone was drawing me on a piece of blank paper. The wind whipped around me, sending shivers down my spine. The coldness seeped into my bones, making me long for warmth and shelter. I tried to scream, but my voice was muffled by the rushing air. Panic set in as I realized I had no control over my movements. It was as if an invisible force was pulling me towards an unknown destination.

Opening my eyes, I found myself in a vast and unfamiliar universe. The world stretched out before me, both awe-inspiring and terrifying. The colours were vibrant and otherworldly, like a painting come to life. But there was an underlying sense of unease, as if this place didn't belong in the realm of reality.

I looked around, hoping to find some semblance of familiarity. The universe seemed infinite, with stars and galaxies stretching out into the distance. But the portal through which we had entered felt strangely small and constricting. It was as if it didn't belong in this vast expanse.

The air grew thin, making it difficult to breathe. Each breath felt like a struggle, as if the universe itself was trying to push me away. Fear gnawed at my insides as I realized we were not where we were supposed to be. This place was different from anything I had ever encountered before.

Beside me, Josh seemed unfazed by our predicament. He moved around the portal with a sense of excitement and wonder, his eyes filled with childlike curiosity. "Dude! This is awesome!" he exclaimed, his voice echoing through the empty space.

But I couldn't share his enthusiasm. Something had gone wrong, and we were clearly not in the right place. My brows furrowed in concern as I tried to make sense of our situation. This was supposed to be familiar territory for me, but everything felt strange and unsettling.

Before I could voice my concerns, the portal vanished without warning, leaving us stranded in the middle of a bustling street. The sounds of car horns and people filled the air, creating a cacophony of urban life. Panic surged through me as a truck barrelled towards us, its blaring horn drowning out all other sounds.

Instinct kicked in as I grabbed Josh's hand and pulled him out of harm's way just in time. The truck swerved past us, narrowly avoiding a collision. The driver shouted angrily, "Watch where you're going! You blind or something?"

"Sorry," I replied quietly, even though the driver was already speeding away.

As the adrenaline subsided, I realized that my phone was missing. It must have slipped out of my pocket during our chaotic escape. Frustration welled up inside me, but before I could explode in anger, Josh grabbed my hand and hurriedly led me into a nearby shop.

"Josh! Stop! What are you doing?" I protested.

"Just shut up and look!" he exclaimed with a mischievous grin on his face.

I followed his gaze and saw a big sign that read: WELCOME TO NEW YORK CITY!

My jaw dropped in disbelief. How could we have returned to New York? It seemed impossible to have ended up back in the same place so quickly.

"But we were just in New York! We couldn't possibly have come back here," I said, gesturing emphatically with my hands.

Josh seemed unfazed by the apparent contradiction. Ignoring my protests, he stepped into the shop with a gleam in his eyes.

"OMG! This is amazing!" he exclaimed through a mouthful of a big chocolate doughnut.

"No! We can't spend money on these treats. We need to save our resources for whatever lies ahead," I insisted.

However, my words fell on deaf ears as Josh continued to indulge in his newfound delight.

As I sighed, I looked around the shop with curiosity. The place was bustling with people, mostly tourists, who were wandering around and shopping. The air was filled with excitement and the sound of conversations in different languages. I felt a pang of confusion. How could we be in New York again? We had just departed from there a few minutes ago.