𝟓𝟓 || 𝐓𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐌𝐲 𝐃𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐀𝐰𝐚𝐲

ALLYN POV:

Today is the day.

My father serving his punishment and even though I know it, that doesn't make the lump in my throat any smaller.

He deserves it, that I know too. Not to mention that for the crimes he committed and his betrayal towards me, all of this is equal to a death sentence. But I grant him forgiveness instead, for now.

I tried not to think about it as I ate breakfast in the morning alone because Maddox had left the house with my father to spare me the agony I would hear coming from my father. Nor did he want me to witness the pain he would cause him.

I tried not to think about it while I was reading yet another book I found in this small house, trying to kill time between the pages, but my head was trapped by the thoughts of my father and Maddox.

The only thing the guards told me was that Maddox left the house alone with my father early in the morning, not wanting any of his men to accompany him. And something about two of them alone is bothering me.

Seconds, minutes, hours passed, and no trace of them. The sun was disappearing, making a way to the night, and there was still no sign of Maddox and my father.

I was pacing around the house, trying to keep my thoughts but they were a mess so am I. I know Mikael and I know Maddox, of course, there's a reason for me to be nervous.

Both of them are unscrupulous men with hard characters, both of them born in a world full of chaos and death. All they know is how to kill and survive.

Could my father go back on the word he gave me yesterday? Could he try to hurt Maddox and run away despite his promises?

But I immediately threw the second theory out of my mind, because Mikael is physically powerless to win against Maddox. There has to be a gun or some kind of weapon involved to ensure his victory, otherwise, his chances of survival against Maddox are zero.

Just as my head was starting to fill with nasty ugly thoughts all over again, the door to the small house opened, and I jumped off the sofa as if scalded, sensing that it must be Maddox.

It was almost dark outside, and they left the house early in the morning. They were gone the whole day.

I was ready to leave the living room, but I was met by Maddox at the entrance, and the sight slightly tripped me up. His hair is disheveled and wet, his expensive shirt is crumpled and stained with a large amount of blood, and so are his pants. His face was as flat as steel.

I immediately rushed to him as soon as I saw no sign of my father. I touched his body in a panic, but the more I touched him, the more I realized that there was no trace of a single wound on his body. The blood is not Maddox's. The realization hit me that the blood must be my father's.

I pulled back making a slight distance between us, waiting for him to speak as he calmly began to remove the bloody shirt from his body, throwing it on the ground. I followed that movement with my gaze before darting my eyes to his.

"Where's Mikael?" the panic in my voice could be heard, but Maddox's face didn't show me much. His face was empty, tired, expressionless on mine.

"Not here" he replied simply, closing the door behind him, walking past me to go to the table where he grabbed the bottle of whiskey, taking a big sip directly from the bottle, without his face changing its expression.