Amity/Ruth (my ocs)

Holding them in his arms was the last thing he ever did. Their  lifeless body laying in his arms, Long since lost their last breath. Well, Maybe he should have expected it. Expected to be caught eventually.

They were playing a dangerous game from the beginning. Of course people would find out eventually, he just didn't expect it to end up like this. He didn't want it to come to this.

He thought they were being careful, only eyeing each other in the odd subtle ways only the other would understand. Hell, they barely even talked to each other around people. They were so careful.

It was the perfect act, they had their own little world only they knew about. One where they could hold and kiss all their problems away, where they could lay and forget all the things the people at church would say to them.

They were told it was sinful. That love like theirs was disgusting in the eyes of God. He didn't understand what was so wrong with them.

They often discussed what would happen if others found out about them. This odd, soft sort of thing they had going on. One which no one would understand. They wouldn't try to understand.

Ruth always tried to see the best of the people around them, they hoped that one day people like them wouldn't have to hide in the woods behind trees or in caves near streams to just spend time together without it looking "suspicious".

That was where they and Amity were completely different. He knew that the townspeople would never look at them as anything but vermin, wastes of food and resources. And In the end he was right.

Once someone from the church had found out through an anonymous source, they were done for. Coming from a lesser known family, Ruth was the first one they went after. They tried to fight, they begged and pleaded but to no avail.

Once he had managed to get himself to the scene of the execution, he was too late. Ruth Brone was dead, dangling from that tree. The image of their lifeless, cold body hanging limply had ingrained itself into his head. The image that would haunt his nightmares for years.

Holding them so close, as if he was to let go of their body it would cease to exist. It was with his dead love in his arms that got him thinking.

If they found out about them, then it's only a matter of time before they find out everything else about him, about Grace. He can't let that happen.

He Won't let them take her as well, he can't let them destroy the last person he has left.

As he lay his dead love under the tree they had met, placing a kiss to their forehead, their cold, and oh how it felt so wrong. They hated the cold. He stood up and walked away, leaving the last of his love behind, under that same tree that it had first been ignited.

+—————————————-+
FINALLY BEEN ABLE  TO WRITE SOMETHING TO COMPLETION!!
Yes I am alive just have had horrible writers block that hopefully is leaving me :) this one is short, only 509 words or so but I still think it good for what I can do at the moment.