First Day of School

Chapter 1

"Wake up! You're late for school! You can't be late on your first day!" My mom said while bursting into my room screaming.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"Time for you to get out of bed and get ready for school!" Mom yelled. I looked at my clock since she didn't tell me the time. It was 8:40. I was really late for school. School starts at 8:15 so that makes me 20 minutes late. I burst out of bed and pulled out a drawer and got dressed as fast as I could. I didn't care about what my hair looked like and if I don't eat breakfast. I just need to get to school. Plus, this is middle school so I could miss something really important.

After a 20 minute drive from my house, I finally get to school. I only missed the tour they give to all the students that just started middle school so I already know where everything is because this is my second year in middle school. We get the same lockers as last year and same combination. So this will be easy.

It is lunch time and this new kid comes and sits at our table. But he is sitting alone. So me and my friends go over to him and give him some company. "Hi." I told him.

"Hi." He answered back.

"We came over here because we noticed that you were new so we decided to give you some company."

"Thanks. I'm Nicholas by the way."

"I'm Natalie and these are my friends Kelley, Sophia, Jasmine, Rebecca, Libby, Kate, Suzy, Dakota, April, Sue, and Vanessa."

"Ok but I'm going to have to work on remembering all of your guys names."

"That's ok" I said while laughing.

"Ok. See you guys later." He said.

"Ok, bye." I responded.

"I think I just made some new friends. A lot of new friends." He told himself.

Our next class is choir/study hall. Me and all of my friends, including Nicholas, chose to go to choir. We all thought that it would be fun. So we gave it a shot.

Once we arrived, the music director, Mrs. Sieddo, Laura Sieddo, greeted us. We all took a seat and she started talking. She seemed so nice until someone ticked her off. A boy named Josiah Wagner was making unnecessary mouth noises and Mrs. Sieddo had enough with it. She took a pencil and lightly through it at him. Everyone thought she's not supposed to throw things at their students. She could get into real big trouble. She calmed down a little bit and we all felt much better. Now we all know not to tick her off.

The first thing she had us do was stand up and sing a small part of a song we know. I am terrified of singing in public. I can't do it.

Once it was my turn I didn't do a thing. I was really nervous and I knew a would fail. So I ran into the hallway and slammed the door behind me. None of my friends came to check on me except one, who was Nicholas.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"I can't. I just can't." I said.

"Can't do what?" He also asked.

"I can't sing in public like that." I told him.

"It's totally normal. I was the same way but didn't run out the door." He said.

"Still."

"Come on. You can do it. We all have faith in you. Don't be scared. Only a little part. Come on."

"Ok. Thanks."

"Are you ok, Natalie?" Mrs. Sieddo asked.

"Yeah. Just nervous. That's all."

"Ok. Ready?"

"Yeah..."

"That was brilliant Natalie!!"

"Thanks"

The bell rings----

It's the end of the day and Nicholas asked me to stay after for a while. I said sure. I met him down by Jessi's Sports where he asked me this, "Will you go on a date with me?" I didn't know what to say. So I left him with this, "Ask again tomorrow and I'll have your answer." He walked away having the biggest smile on his face I ever seen.