𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬, 𝐊𝐲𝐫𝐚 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐞𝐱𝐡𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬, 𝐊𝐲𝐫𝐚 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐞𝐱𝐡𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝. They'd arrived at the apartment she and Sam were going to be living in together a few minutes ago. She couldn't help but feel nervous to go inside as the two women stood outside the door. If any random person walked past them, they'd probably assume Sam and Kyra were some creepy stalkers or something.

Of course they'd seen some pictures of their new home before moving, but the pictures could've been edited too. Sometimes looks could be deceiving. There could be black mold under the carpets for all Kyra knew. Next to her, Sam took a deep breath before reaching into the pocket of her tight blue jeans to pull out the keys. She noticed they fit her frame extremely well, showing off her curves.

Kyra bit her lip, reinverting her eyes back over to the woman's hands. She watched them casually, a new veins showing as she stuck the key into the lock, turning it. The woman was still trying to figure out how she hadn't caught onto Sam being bisexual this whole time, considering she's a lesbian. Then again, sometimes people mask their queerness better than others. If Kyra had never come out, she'd still have her family by her side.

"You ready?" Sam asked, quirking her eyebrow at Kyra, who shot her a distracted nod.

Sam opened up the door, and the smell of cleaner practically flooded Kyra's senses. It was a custom for places to be cleaned before someone moved in to occupy it. They couldn't just leave the place looking like a slob, they'd never get any renters. Still, none of that could've prepared Kyra for her nostrils quite literally stinging. It made her sky-blue eyes water slightly whilst the two women walked into the apartment. She closed and locked the door behind her once they were both inside.

The apartment was bigger than Kyra even anticipated. The walls were the prettiest white color with hardwood flooring and furniture that came with the place. When you walk in, you pretty much walk right into the kitchen and the living room at the same exact time, which was convenient in Kyra's opinion. Although the kitchen was definitely smaller than what she would've preferred, to be fair, it's just her and Sam here. It was the perfect size for the two of them. It was cozy to say the least, but the biggest part of the whole apartment was the two bedrooms that were located right across each other. From any window in the place, you got the perfect view of New York City, they were so far up in the sky that the people down on the ground looked like ants.