𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 ᅳ 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫

ᅳ 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫  ☃❆              

Serena sat there with a scowl on her face as she watched Hallie and Happy interact with each other like nothing had ever happened

Serena sat there with a scowl on her face as she watched Hallie and Happy interact with each other like nothing had ever happened. She knew she was being a pain in the ass tonight and way too bitchyᅳ childish even. Yet she couldn't stop worrying.

She was the one, together with their parents and Blake, that picked up the pieces of her broken heart and helped the younger O'Connell to get over the heartbreak. Hallie felt like utter shit for weeks, no, for months until she threw herself into work and started to come up with a concept for her own bakery.

The bakery probably saved her by giving her enough distraction, yet Hallie had never really gotten over the fact that Happy had just left her. Gone from one day to the other, vanished into thin air and never called again. And now he was sitting at her table, eating her food that she made for her familyᅳ and Serena had no choice but to accept it.

"You're staring, babe", Blake reminded her, his tone loving. "And it's not the nice stare."

"Good, ain't supposed to look nice", she answered with a sweet smile, tilting her head. "He needs to know that I'm still mad at him."

Blake shook his head, laughing softly. "I think he got the message. Give him a break."

It took a lot in Serena to do what Blake was asking from her, but one look at her sister, seeing how happy she was, made her give in with a sigh. Throwing her napkin on the simple yet beautiful decorated table, she crossed her arms, looking over at the coupleᅳ or whatever they were at the moment.

"So, what's going on between the two of you?", she asked, wrinkling her nose. "Are you back together or why is the man that broke your heart five years ago sitting at my table?"

"Serena", Mia chimed in, giving her older daughter a pleading look while Patrick just let out a sigh.

"Don't do this now, please", Patrick asked his oldest. But knowing that she was the stubborn, straight-forward one in the family, he knew she wasn't going to stop.

"No, it's okay." Happy shrugged his shoulders before straightening them, sitting up more.

Maybe it didn't look like he paid attention, but he did. He noticed every glare the raven haired woman had given him tonight without the rest noticing how attentive he had been. As SAA that was his jobᅳ paying attention without anyone noticing. "She has every right to be angry."

"Thank you, Hap", Serena hummed appreciatively, clearing  her throat as she noticed that she actually had teamed up with him. "Well, thanks for knowing what you did wrong. Why are you here?"

"Because I wanted him here", Hallie answered firmly, slipping her fingers between Happy's as he reached for her hand.

Serena's eyes flickered towards Hallie, her gaze like daggers now trained on her little sister. "So he can break your heart again?"