chapter 1: where have they gone

The vampires roamed the earth for millions of years until they dissipated, no trace no blood no screams or bits followed them to where they went. The vampires couldn't have just disappeared could they, at least one has to be out there, right? But who am I to ask these questions I was just an average girl well not average I was a weirdo but I was happy and didn't care what people thought. I had black hair with a white strip in it, and red eyes odd maybe but that's just how it was, I had fang-like teeth and sometimes had weird cravings but the doctors always said that it was my mental illness which I didn't think I had caused this, but I just felt like there was more to it then that.
           midnight and I were standing outside of our school it was like October and the night was surprisingly cool it's not unheard of to have a hot Halloween but this night felt like fall completely was a nice Smoky smell in the air I was super relieved that it was cold because my jacket was wool and there was nothing more tragic than a girl sweating and wool I was wearing the jacket over my knee-links pink dress if I was going to be crowned the home Clinic Queen tonight and that seemed like a lock I was going to do it looking as classy as possible in my red dress was Pearls.
           "Are you nervous?" Midnight asked as I was rubbing my hands up and down my arms like Midnight was in red but her dress was closer to black and was covered in a tiny sequence that went into shivered in the parking lot lights or maybe that was just bee unlike me he hadn't wear a jacket heartache Bryant was off searching for a parking place he had been annoyed that bee and I insisted I'm not showing up until 30 minutes before the crowning but there was no way I was going to risk it getting punch spilled on me or my makeup slipping off my face not to mention the sweatiness before I had that sparkling tiara on my head I planned on looking fierce in the yearbook pictures "of course I'm not nervous" I told midnight and that was true I wasn't okay maybe I was a little bit anxious. Unlike Midnight I didn't have a date but that wasn't going to stop me.
     The only thing that could stop me is my thirst for the warm flowing blood cased in the human body. How could I stop this without taking the poison the doctors made me take? "Because my heart is broken and I'm going crazy?" I don't understand none of that's true, I know that. I can feel them lying through their teeth whenever they speak of my condition. But I guess they don't want to waste their time on figuring out what's wrong with me. Or even the cause of one of my symptoms for there being such a arrangement. I mean it's not like anyone except for Midnight cares, she's the only one who tolerates my presents. That's why I want to be prom queen. Is that so wrong of me? I just want some attention.   "WHO AM I KIDDING I CANT DO THIS" I blurt out.