Searching

Hello my lovely Followers! So this is the new chapter for Searching. Heavily edited but with most of the same content. I am aware it's taken longer than I had originally hoped for but I did want to share the first part. Chapter 2 will be up in the next 2 days. 

Prologue:

"Drake... my love?" the voice sounded wrong. Like it didn't belong to the world but belonged on another plane. It surrounded me and enveloped me like a warm summer breeze.

"Drake!" the air crackled around me and cold sapped away the heat. The voice was frightened. And it was slowly becoming less wrong and more familiar.

"You told me you'd save me" it sounded broken and suddenly a face appeared before me. Those big sea-green eyes looked at me from underneath dark lashes, her full pink lips were open in fear and her golden blonde hair was a mess on top of her head. Just like I remembered.

"Amalia!" I cried trying desperately to reach for her. She reached a fair hand towards me but was jerked back. Everything around me began to shake as my soul mate looked around in fear and then opened her mouth letting out an almighty scream. I was thrown back and suddenly she was gone. My heart broke all over again.

"Sire?" Devon was shaking me much to my annoyance.

"Why did you wake me?" I asked pushing him away and sitting up. I rubbed my eyes and cradled my aching head.

"It's dawn" Devon interrupted. I looked up and over his shoulder to the balcony doors which were open. The sky had turned pink with slivers of orange. I sighed before nodding at him and moving from the bed. I stretched and grabbed the bottle of blood that had been handed to me. I washed and headed out to the stables where my horse was saddled up waiting for me. I climbed on and looked back towards the castle up to the second tier window. I should go and see her and ask how she's doing but I just cannot bring myself to even head in that direction. I knew from the reports that she was well enough but Maria had been urging me to see her for myself. But I couldn't. Not when I was trying to find a way to bring back the one being who was my entire world. The reason I breathed and the reason I managed to stay alive when the odds were not in my favour. It had only been three days since Amalia was taken from me and each passing hour was becoming harder to cope. But I needed to be strong.

Chapter 1: Searching

I looked at the map I had memorized once more which would lead me to the witch who knew how to get Amalia back. I wouldn't stop until I found her location. Maria had said that this witch would know what to do to bring Amalia's soul back to her body and bring her back to me. I kicked my horse on and I heard the thunder of hooves start from behind me as we headed south from the castle. I had left a note with Declande of where I was going and told him not to come after us or send any word back. He was in charge until I returned. I knew Amalia's death was hitting him extremely hard. He was a mummy's boy to the core and I knew he would also do anything if he could bring her back. I remembered when my own mother had died and watching my father become the shell of the man he used to be. The life had died from his eyes and he grieved until his death. I refused to let her leave me. I knew the castle would be safe for now as the wolves had been silent after murdering the vampire queen. I felt like a part of me was missing and I held so much anger that I was pretty sure I would rip any wolf I came across to pieces.

As the sun moved further into the sky, I couldn't stop thinking about her. The way she would give me a cheeky grin when she knew something I didn't, or when she would be missing from royal engagements because she was with the people of the city. But one memory held me tight. The first time I saw her.