"Already Dead"

Jane was nothing more than her peers. Unfortunately things didn't stay that way. Three weeks ago, when her boyfriend mysteriously went missing, strange things flocked into her life. And the more was coming.

Her mother knocked the door and pushed it slowly. She was up with her messy brown hair but something was different. She wasn't crying.

"Hey honey. Are you up?"

She wasn't surprised when Jane kept her silence.

"Are you better? It's okay if you want to stay home."

"No mom. It's been three weeks. I should go."

It's already been three weeks. It felt like years to her. Maybe she would've gone through it a lot easily if it had been a normal disappearance. But it wasn't. He, Noah, went missing after he'd gone to his house. He enters the house and goes missing. The police investigated the house several times. They checked the street cameras but nothing was found. He just went missing.

She saw people staring at her without even need to hide it. Everyone was talking about it. She knew all of the things happed in the past three weeks was a hot topic on tongues. She kept walking. There she was, Emma, a brunette girl with the most beautiful tone of green in her eyes.

"Hey!", she said. "Are you better now?"

"Kind of."

"I know the things you are going through..."

No you don't. How could you?

"Can we not talk about it?", Jane said.

They were walking as they were talking. After a while of talking, Emma thought it was the time to tell what she's been wanting to tell to her.

"There's something I want to tell you."

"What?"

"It's nothing. Just- There's a party tonight I can get us in. I know a guy but I know you're not in the mood and..."

"Okay. Works for me."

"What? I thought you were..."

"Yes, I was. But I need to recover. I cannot mourn for the rest of my life. I felt like I was dying for three weeks and now this is my opportunity to heal."

She felt selfish the second she completed that sentence. She wasn't the one who suffered, or is suffering. Noah was. She felt like she should mourn until things work out and Noah comes back. When will he? Deep down everyone knew he wasn't coming back. The search party looked everywhere. Some were saying he ran away but it wasn't him. He was one of those good boys. One of those who can't live without his loved ones.

After a long day with questions she was asked finally it was time to heal. She had doubt with going to the party unlike the time she first heard of it. Here they were at the entrance of the party house. Emma walked a couple steps ahead of Jane and talked to the guy standing on the veranda.

"Hey!"

"I'm sorry. Do I know you?"

"No, but Jason does."

"Well, it's not Jason's party."

Jane walked to Emma.

"Come on let's go. They are not gonna let us in anyway."

"No! I'm not going. Jason promised me!"

The guy on the veranda chimed in while the girls were turning around to go back home.

"Hey, wait. Aren't you that girl who dated Noah?"

"I am. Why?"

"I'm Noah's cousin. Oliver."