𝟏𝟐

- s h i v i k a's p o v -

As my eyes scanned the beautiful moonlight a small smile spread on my lips. The moon seemed more beautiful today. While the couple shined there on the stage, the moon was shining in the sky. Moon and i have a very beautiful bond. It has always been my secret diary to whom i have shared even my slightest secret. Be it anything.

Moon made me feel a warmth which made me escape all the bitter hurtful events of my life. I feel like as if my parents, my mom and dad were protecting me from there. And now i felt that feeling near me as atharv's presence. His presence always made me feel protected. I feel safe sround him which i haven't felt near any stranger. And he too was a stranger right? Or may be we have became a little close?

I don't feel like going away from him. He makes me feel something i haven't experienced in my life before. The way his eyes speaks thousands of unspoken words. How his orbs make my heart race just by a contact. How his warm appearance makes me feel at ease.

Is this really how you slowly fall in love?

No, I don't want to. Not like i doubt his intentions but love has made its feared place in my heart and I don't want to get hurt once again. The previous time, i survived, i picked up my heart's broken pieces, i tried to move on and i did but if all of that happens again, i won't be able to survive like i did before. I won't be able to.

I just fear of falling in love. Atharv is a very nice person indeed but he deserves the best and i am no one near it. He doesn't deserve a girl with dark past and vulnerable life at all. He deserves a girl who can give him the whole world and i? I cannot even handle my world, how will i give him the world he deserves?

Just lost in my thoughts i didn't realised that the man was standing beside me, atharv. The one who has captivated my mind with hia thoughts. The one who makes me drown in his eyes.

"The moon is beautiful, isn't it, miss avasthi?"

I heard his deep voice as his musky colongue hit my nostrils making me close my eyes instantly. I nodded but i felt his stare on me which i ignored and looked at the moon.

"It's indeed beautiful mr. Deshmukh."

I wishpered in a low voice. His eyes were on me, i could feel it as i gulped down the nervousness and looked towards him. As soon as i did, i felt myself drowning in his orbs as if it were an ocean. Do deep and that dark brown colour raised its beauty. If this is a dream, I don't want it to end. Please god.

Atleast I won't feel the hurt in my dreams. Or will i? This is not a dream right? Some or the other day he will leave too. Won't he? Life is all about leaving. First people leave from your life and then, at the end, you leave the world itself.

The game of life is full of hurdles. One minute it makes you feel so good, so euphoric, so beautiful. You feel like that's it, now my life has received all the happiness it deserves but the other minute, it all breaks apart.