~Prologue~

You are Tyrande Whisperwind's sister, Y/n Whisperwind. You had the biggest crush on Illidan Stormrage, but he liked your sister who liked Illidan's brother, Malfurion Stormrage, who was in love with Tyrande.

You always tried to help Illidan find his destiny, But in doing so you found yours, Helping those in need. He became the personal caster of the military leader, Kur'talos Ravencrest, The two grew apart.

When Archimonde's invasion of Azeroth had begun and Azshara's treachery became known, Malfurion convinced Illidan to leave his queen. Illidan followed his brother. But as Cenarius and the dragons entered the battle, Malfurion came to understand that their adversaries were too powerful to fall in combat. To end the invasion, he plotted the destruction of the Well of Eternity.

The idea appalled Illidan. The Well was the source of his magic - and likely of the elves' immortality - and its loss was a price far too dear for him to pay. In addition, the night elf found that he increasingly admired the powers of the Burning Legion, seeing a magical purity that underlay their chaotic behavior. Where the night elves struggled to maintain their ground, the Burning Legion's numbers did not seem to permanently diminish.

After the death of Latosius, Illidan became the leader of the Moon Guard. However, Illidan did not use the Moon Guard to their fullest potential. Instead of having them cast spells, he ordered them to transfer their power into him, thus empowering his own spells instead; but in doing so, this opened them to attack from the demons with no means to defend themselves. After one particular battle defending Black Rook Hold, where he drained his own soldiers to the point that they died, Illidan realized that sacrifice was necessary to defeat the Burning Legion, and the others were fools for not seeing it.

You might be wondering, "where is the reader in all of this?" you were helping those who needed it, nothing too special, not paying attention to your sister or her husband to be.You hadn't realized that she was kidnapped at one point.

Things Fel (heheh i'm sorry) into place, Illidan became "The Betrayer," and the leader of the Demon Hunters. You were.....proud of him, he found his destiny. (i'm gonna ignore the fact the legion took him (during the demon hunter storyline) ok? ok). Something he has been wanting to find for years

End Prologue

(A/N: how did y'all like the prologue? please tell me if anything is wrong and I'll fix it as soon as I can, this is also my first story ever so please don't be TO mean)