Girl Next Door

Girl Next Door
Mike Schmidt x reader

     In which the girl next door is the girl who cares for Abby

     In which the girl next door is the girl who cares for Abby. Mike has been working odd hours that has you watching Abby at odd times. You don't mind, you're just worried for Mike.

*Prologue

"Are you sure this is okay?"

Mike is looking at you with worry. He didn't want you to be bothered with watching Abby. You've lived next to him for years.

You had first met Mike when a package was delivered to his house instead of yours. He kindly returned the package to your house. You invited him in and you both talked for hours. Soon after, you had become friends. You eventually learned that he had a little sister. After awhile of being friends, he was out of a job. Subsequently, he was out of a babysitter. You knew him well and cared for Abby as if she was your own.

"Mike, I'll be fine. I'm sure Abby wouldn't mind if I was around a little more anyways. This also gives me a a chance to make sure you eat!" You smiled at him.

He sighed, looking at you with a weak smile.
"Thank you, (Y/N). What would I do without you?"

I've been looking for a good fanfic for awhile. Theres plenty of good ones out there, but none work enough. So, I thought, why not make it myself? ;)