1: see you later

A/N:

 Songs used:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1fGRAXNdXR9etN87Z9RIQV?si=7d1881c11a514e59

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1Dgscd2488HMFB5DQmz5kp?si=739077c668624495 

ok back to the story

The sun shines through the window over my bed. The warm beam hitting my cheek ever so gently. I'm hunched over some sad random sketch of the week that I work on a little more on than I should have. Roughly shoving my round metal framed glasses out of the way to rub my eyes, clearing away any tears that have formed. I reach over to take a sip of my monster just to see that the purple can was empty. I let out a sigh and reluctantly got up, taking my headphones off letting them wrap around my neck. I shove my phone in my pocket and walk down the hall into the kitchen. I open the fridge and grab the last one.

"I really need to go shopping again...I can't have Aizawa bringing me food every week." I say as I look over to my fluffy dark grey cat. "At least you still have food don't you buddy" setting aside my monster, i reach over and grab him a can of fancy feast. When I open it a pungent smell of fish hits my face. I empty the can out at the cat tree where the bowl is. I grab my monster and walk back to continue on in my drawing. I walk back down the hall heading to my room. The bathroom door was ajar enough for the reflection in the mirror to catch my eye. I softly push the door open and set the cold purple can on the sink's counter. I pull my hood down and push my purple rats nest of hair out of my face. I have on a dark grey hoodie with unknown stains and smells with maroon sweats with extra calf pockets. I take my glasses off and set them down.

"I look horrible" it's been three months since their death. The first two months were

Hell, I didn't think I would make it out alive. Mic had to stay home from work to keep an eye on me and Eri tried her best to make me smile. I'm barely surviving this third month alone.

Mic had to go back to work and Eri had school. She shouldn't even be worrying for her brother this much. A soft chime brings me out of my thoughts. I grab my phone out of my pocket and see whose message broke through my do not disturb. It was Eri. She was asking if I could attend her dance recital later. I text her back that I am free and would love to go. I haven't attended a social event without them before. I go to the rest of my messages thinking of who I should ask to attend with me. I scroll hundreds past all the messages I left on delivered. I stopped on the marigold blonde headed boy I knew from school.

" he should be extroverted enough for others to ignore me" I ring up the marigold coloured hair boy. Then immediately hang up. Sitting in shame and slight anxiety. I shouldn't have called him. He could be busy. The moment I start typing out a message he texts me.

"You ok man"

"Yea sorry i didn't mean to call. I was gonna shoot a text over anyways. Would you like to go to Eri's dance recital with me later? It's been a while since I left the house without them and I'm not ready for that." i text back

"Of course man " he replied

"Come at 6:30pm" I put my phone back down on the counter. "I should shower" I mumble to myself. I walk back out to the hallway and opened the closet next to the bathroom. I see their clothes. My heart drops. I fall to the floor and instantly start to cry. I can't take this anymore. I hug my legs close to my chest

I feel pain everytime i hear your name but i always think of you the same 'cause time wasn't in our favour this isn't goodbye this is see you later. I let go of my leg and crawl over to my room. I sit in my bed and curl up into a ball. Using what use to be their blanket inhaling their sent that barely lingered. I uncontrollably sobbed into my pillow. I held the blanket close to me as my body felt like it went up in flames. My heart re-shattering as my energy began to run on low i slowly slip into a comforting warmth. Sleep. Something i haven't properly had in a while. I open my eyes and i'm in dream land. I seemed to be in their room. I shot up hoping that them passing was just a dream. Hoping that this was real. Hoping that i could hold and smell them again. As if right on queue they walk through the door. I sprung up, ran to them and embraced them. I held them tightly not wanting them to slip through my arms again.

"Whoa hun you ok?" they asked. Man i missed their voice.

"Oh yea ive just uh missed you...alot"

"Aww hunny i missed you too" they hugged me back. "How have you been since the accident"

"What accident?" i said looking up at them.

"You know..where i died during hero work hun"

"Oh...so that was real" i said taking a step back.

"Yea.." they replied softly "well? How have you been?"

" I've been going through the motions, learning how to pretend that everything is perfect and i've been sinking in an ocean drowning but i'm silent yet everyone thinks i'm afloat" i respond.

"I'm sorry hun."

"It's ok it's not your fault. You were killed, but god i miss you so much it hurts. I wish it was me instead of you. I wish i could have gone with you. I think I might join you soon."

"No.."

"No, what?"

"No you can't join me."

"What?"

"You can't join me. You have to keep going. There are so many people out there that need you. You need to get over me."

"I can't!! I won't!! How will I ever get over you?!?!"

"I love you shinso. Goodbye"

"WAIT NO!" I said reaching out for them. Hoping if i grabbed them in time i could stay.

My eyes shot open. I frantically look around. They are nowhere to be seen. I'm back in my room.

I frantically look for my phone. I look at the time. "SHIT" it was 6 pm the blonde bimbo is supposed to arrive around 6:30. I frantically grab a black thrasher hoodie with the fire logo. I shoved my legs into some dirty black dickies jeans I have and slipped my feet into some doc martens boots. I grab my chain wallet. I shoved that bitch into my pocket along with my phone. I quickly walk to my bathroom and put my glasses on knocking over my unopened monster. Deciding that I'll pick it up later. I brush out the purple rat nest I have sitting on my head till it looks normal enough. I poofed it out and tried to style it saying that it was very greasy. I applied black eyeliner, picked up my monster and headed out of my apartment. I walked down the stairs and sat on the curb waiting for Denki to pull up. I sipped my monster scrolling through tiktok. Til i heard a car blasting barbie world by Aqua, Ice Spice, and Nicki Minaj. I look up to see that it's Denki jamming out in his prius.

"AND I'M BAD LIKE THE BARBIE I'M A DOLL BUT I STILL WANNA PARTY PINK 'VETTE I'M READY TO BEND I'M A TEN SO I PULL IN A KEN."

"Hey denki"

"HEY BUDDYYYYY"

I open his car door and sit in the car. He's got an open yellow flannel and a light grey shirt tucked into his ripped black skinny jeans. He also wore spiked choker rings and doc marten platform shoes.

"How you doin dude?"

" I'm lonely."

"I'm sorry man." he said as he turned down his radio. We headed to Eri's recital. Denki passed me the aux and i played Apocalypse by cigarettes after sex. I put my hood up and looked out the window. I could feel denki's worried gaze on me every couple of seconds. The wisp sings played next and i could feel his gaze morph from worry to comfort. He reached out and held my shoulder and gently rubbing his thumb in circles.

"Hey dude you doin ok there??"

"Yea.. just missing them yk" rosyln started to play

"Yea i get that"

"Their smile could light up a whole room...i just wish i did something more. I wish that it was me instead. I wish-"

"Dude.. you did everything you could."

"I should have done more"

"Bro.. it's ok. You did the best you could and that perfect"

"I can't wait to see them again bro" je te laisserai des mots began.

"One day you will" he said as he merged off the freeway.

"Hopefully"

We were five minutes away from eri's recital. As the car twisted and turned along the road i couldn't help but recalled the accident.