'PM's presence in Indian team's dressing room reflects...': BJP's Rivaba Jadeja

BJP MLA and cricketer Ravindra Jadeja's wife, Rivaba Jadeja, expressed admiration for Prime Minister Narendra Modi after he visited the Team India dressing room to console and uplift the players following their heart-wrenching defeat to Australia ...

BJP MLA and cricketer Ravindra Jadeja's wife, Rivaba Jadeja, expressed admiration for Prime Minister Narendra Modi after he visited the Team India dressing room to console and uplift the players following their heart-wrenching defeat to Australia in the World Cup final held in Ahmedabad.

In a tweet, Rivaba Jadeja, who represents the Jamnagar North assembly constituency in Gujarat, commended the Prime Minister's presence in the dressing room, describing it as a display of compassionate statesmanship. She shared a video of PM Modi offering greetings and words of solace to the players in the dressing room.

"Prime Minister @narendramodi Ji's steadfast leadership shines through both in moments of victory and defeat. His presence in the dressing room after the World Cup loss reflects compassionate statesmanship, uplifting spirits with words of encouragement and unity," she posted on Tuesday.

Rivaba Jadeja was in attendance at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad during the World Cup final clash between India and Australia on November 19. Despite being considered favorites to win, India's impressive journey in the tournament came to an end as they were defeated by Australia by six wickets, securing Australia's record sixth World Cup title.

Having been put to bat first by Australian captain Pat Cummins after losing the toss, India struggled with their batting performance, posting a modest 240 runs in their allotted 50 overs. In response, Australia, led by Travis Head's stellar 137 and Marnus Labuschagne's crucial 58, secured the victory.