Excerpt

"Soooo...." Spencer says leaning towards me in Chemistry class, dragging out the O to fill the silence in the very back of the rectangular room where you could barely hear our teacher dragging on about the acidity of certain types of chemicals. I ignore Spencer and hunch over my college-ruled notebook to make it at least look like I am taking notes, even though I have absolutely no idea which chemicals will kill me if I mix them together and which will only make me black out. Spencer is one of those handsome type of guys. His dark hair is spiked up ever-so slightly in the front that it goes perfectly with his light bluish-green eyes that can make a girl lose all self control, and his hair is paired with slightly bushy eyebrows that would make other guys look unkempt but on him it just... works.

Although so many others girls would just love to have an awkward conversation with Spencer Chris. I do not enjoy any sort of interaction with Spencer Chris. How to describe Spencer Chris? I can only think of one way: Spencer is one of the jocks, hot? Absolutely, but personality wise one of the ugliest people I know. He's not the nice guys that stand up for the nerdy kids like it happens in the movies. Or who have any extra-curricular activities besides: partying, seducing girls, and getting so drunk that you would hang your own underpants on the school flagpole. Which just so happens to be a weekly occurrence. Spencer scooted his stool closer to mine so that our legs were brushing up against one another's. I tense up, every hair on my arms standing straight up. The contact felt good, his leg was warm but I know that if I think too much about this I can convince myself that Spencer is a good idea. So instead I won't think, "Get away creep," I tell him through clenched teeth. "Why?" He asks flirtatiously, as he pulls my pencil from my hand. "Because," I reply. Already annoyed with this conversation as I attempt to snatch my pencil back, and fix an icy glare on him "I just so happen to be taking notes. I thought the notebook and the pencil pretty much spoke for themselves."

"Oh yeah," he says in a sarcastic tone, "You don't take notes once all year no matter who you sit next to you just chatter away with that pretty little mouth of yours," he runs a finger over my lips and I smack his hand away, my lips tingling where he touched them. Spencer continues as if nothing had happened, "But suddenly when you get the pleasure of sitting in the spot next to me, you turn into some knowledge hungry nerd."

"Sounds about right," I say with a smirk spread over my face as I successfully wretch the pencil back from his grasp. Spencer smiles cheekily, showing off his dimple on the left side of his face that just made that look almost irresistible... almost, but not quite. "Well you are in luck," he informs me, placing a hand on the underside of his stool. "Because," Spencer slide his stool even closer to mine so that our legs were pressed together, and the leg of his jeans was touching my bare leg. "I just so happen to be into nerds, and pathological liars." I place a hand over my mouth and try to make it look like I'm resisting the urge to projectile vomit over the table. "Nice to know," I tell him, luckily without any vomit attached.

"You know," Spencer starts momentarily, "Sara's parents are out of town. Sara Dispero, without an h." He clarified since our school was overflowing with Saras and Sarahs as well as other ways to spell the same thing. I absolutely hate Sara Dispero if not for the way her voice is always in a high pitched whiny tone, or the way she always holds her lips in a pout, but most of all the way she always flirts with Noel, my best friend. Sara makes it so obvious she wants to get in his pants she practically has a lady boner. I nodded, and Spencer continues "Well the word is that she's having a Halloween costume party, and I just know you'd look sexy in a little french maid's outfit."

I consider this for a moment, trying to decide if I should take that as a compliment or the most sexist comment I've ever heard. I'll go with sexist.