1 #Him

He took a step closer,holding a weapon behind his back while carving a mischievous grin on his lips.That's usually the same smile he gave to his prey before he took their heads off.They all trembled while begging on their knees to spare their lives.

But not her.She's fearless.She's bold. And she's beautiful.Her sharp,piercing cat-like eyes.No,does it remind him of a butterfly?Or the flowers in the garden? No,none of them are compared to her. She's beyond the world,far beyond him.

He thought it would be impossible for someone to be out of his league.He believed no one was higher than him other than the emperor.Not even the ones from different kingdoms.
But she's different.She's totally out of his league—so far yet so close.

He still remembers the first time his fingers brushed against her soft skin.Her cheeks were tender, and her eyes's gaze was dangerous,but he's drowned in those deep blue eyes.She takes his breath away—anyone's breath away.

Just thinking about it pisses him off.How can she take a man's breath away?He should be the only one looking at her beauty.He should be the only one touching her soft skin and grasping her slender,long fingers in his.

He wants her.To make his world completely about her.Only her and nothing else matter anymore.To the extent he is willing to start or stop a war for her.The grasp she has on him,and she's completely unaware.It's disgustingly wonderful.

"Your Royal Highness,your wife is entering the room."The voice of a butler was heard from the outside.He turned his back impatiently,waiting to see the face of a person for whom he had longed for so long.

She walked in and grabbed his attention in no time.He gripped the bedsheets,clenching his jaws in anticipation.The smell of her hair,her body,the dress she put on for their wedding night,her makeup,her slow hesitant steps walking into the room

She stood right in front of him,staring down at him with a cold expression.Her fingers ran down his hair to his neck,tilting his chin.Their eyes locked, and the tension has never been hotter.It's probably 50 °C, right? Because he can't feel anything other than her touch.He would have melted right away,or is he right now?

"My dear husband."Her alluring soft tone feels like it's a lullaby to him.Oh Lord,how obsessed is he with his own wife?

He opened his arms,embracing her tightly.He burried his nose into her hair,sucking in the scent of her hair.So damn good! His nostrils flared as he grabbed her waist,pressing it against his.

She ran her fingers through his hair,messing it up.He just let her be.That's a thing he has never allowed someone to do,not even a maid or a butler.No one can touch his hair.But she can,and he'll let her do anything to him.

"You're mine tonight and forever."He whishpered before lying her down on the bed.

*3 months ago*

He stares at himself in the mirror while the maid helps him with his navy blue royal formal clothing,a white cloak with golden stitches on the back.

He sighed before glaring at his assistant,Linan.He's a fine guy with long white hair and green eyes.He's tall and most importantly,he works for him.
For the Grand Duke of the Eldymes Empire,Lucas Eldymas.

"What's wrong?"He asked,puzzled by the exasperation glare Lucas was giving. Lucas scoffed.

"What's wrong?You sure know how to joke,my assistant.When did you answer the letters for me?"He gritted his teeth,tilting his head and looking at Linan in anger.Everybody knows he doesn't go to parties or any type of ball. He never went to one,in fact!

"It wasn't me,Your Grace.It's a call from the Emperor.You had to go no matter what; it's not something you can avoid."Linan retorted,already getting used to this tone and treatment from Lucas.

"You should have refused it!"He raised his voice until the veins on his neck became visible.

"Your Grace,as I said—"

"Get out."Lucas snapped and pointed at the door.Linan was stunned at his place,hesitant about going out.

"Fuck out of my sight!"Lucas yelled,throwing something before Linan could tell what it was.His body froze while his gaze trailed the sharp dagger that is stuck to the walls after the throw.

He quickly ran outside,closing the door and holding his chest in horror.For heaven's sake,he almost died! No matter how many times he faces that situation,he will never get used to it!

The Grand Duke of the Eldymes Empire,Lucas Eldymas.
Everyone knows him.They shiver when they hear his name.They bowed down on their knees when he walked through the crowd.The sounds of his footsteps are enough to kill the birds in the sky.His eyes are the most beautiful part of him,but also the most menacing.One second of eye contact with him,and he'll cut your head off from your body.

That's the rumour about him.Are they all true? Linan doesn't know and he doesn't want to know.He just started working for two years,and yet so little has he learned about the Grand Duke,except for the part where he hates everything,despises everything and wants to kill everything.He doubts the rumours are just rumours by now and then.

"Geez,why is he blaming me for the Emperor's invitation?That rude wenc--"He stopped when the door opened.He bowed low when Lucas walked through.He felt the dark air following that buffy body figure from his back.

'He's a real demon.' He's sure of it.

He stared blankly at the sky from inside the carriage.The sky is blue,the grass is green and the people are..whatever.
Why does it matter anyway?He never care about the people.Lucas fixed his cloak when he saw the palace.The place where the Emperor leaves He's in charge of the Eldymes Empire.

"We have arrived,Your Grace."

Lucas opened the door and stepped outside.He frowned,grabbing his pocket aggressively.As he walked inside,he felt a big rock stuffed in his chest.It's big and heavy; he can't see it but can feel it.Even his body hair is standing straight.

"The gracious grand duke is finally here."The emperor wiped sauce on his lips with a tissue before tossing it away.Lucas avoided eye contact with him deliberately.

"I ordered the best chefs in the empire to make the best food for you.My special guest."Emperor Kalius welcomed him warmly.Lucas put on his fake smile.

"You're being too generous,Your Majesty.I don't deserve this."

"Don't be ridiculous.You're protecting this country.You are the backbone of our empire,Grand Duke Lucas."Emperor Kalius smirked,pissing him off.Lucas clenched his fists under the table.

"You're flattering me."He retorted with another fake grin.

"I'm not.You have another important task to do."

Lucas sighed silently.He knew this would happen.

"Pardon me?"

"Go to the Erosian Empire.There will be a ball for their youngest princess,her debutante."The emperor explained.

"And why should I go?"He snapped,almost losing his patience.The emperor scoffed; he could obviously see the anger in his face.The urge to choke him to death by those oblivious veins on his hands

"Meet the Yohan pope.He's a holy saint that they believe was sent from heaven to protect them from the monsters and devils."

Lucas chuckled softly while pinching the bridge of his nose.Emperor Kalius noticed,but he kept going.

"He will be the one to help us invade the Erosian Empire.Get the important ledger book.He is the only person who knows exactly when,where and how the mountain monsters and even dragons come.Make sure you have it in your hand before you come back here."He demanded.Lucas sensed the tone of order in that stern voice.He is the Emperor of the country; he can't refuse or delay.

"Your orders are a task sent from heaven,Your Majesty.I will make sure I'll come back with the ledger in my grip."He stood up and walked away.The emperor didn't stop him as he stomped his feet roughly.The sounds it makes make every maid and butler flinch.They bowed so low when he walked past,to the point he couldn't see their faces at all.

He got into the carriage and screamed at the top of his lungs.

"DAMN YOU,KALIUS!!!"

-

-

-

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

-

Hii my Sweeties!!

This is my first time writing a historical romance and English is also not my first language so pardon me if I make any mistakes or anything, what's important is that you enjoy your reading ≧⁠▽⁠≦

Please give me lots of love and support<333