Christmas Bet (2023)

Christmas in L.A! The busiest time of the year, but also the most festive even if they people aren't always the nicest. The Spy Racers had decorated the garage and even put up a tree in the middle of the meeting area.

But with the Christmas season also comes less racing due to traffic and most of the team being gone over the course of the month. But finally, all of them are done traveling and are staying home for the last two days till Christmas.

~~~~~

Echo's POV

Echo sighed as she leaned back into the plane seat. She still had another hour before she arrived in L.A, and she was already getting impatient. Echo had just returned from seeing her grandmother, the one person who took care of her during her life until she moved to L.A. Her parents really wanted nothing to do with her.

Deciding to direct her thoughts to something else, Echo started thinking about her two friends. The chemistry between Tony and Layla was getting to be extremely obvious, and the wait for the two to get together was killing Echo.

Christmas was the best time for people to express their feelings. More than likely, Tony and Layla would finally tell the other how they felt. Echo smirked, a small idea slipping into her head as she pulled out her phone and started texting Cisco and Frostee, who both were also on their way back to Los Angeles.

Echo: 'Hey, what do you two think about Tony and Layla?'

Cisco: 'In relation to what?'

Echo: 'Together!'

Frostee: 'I've supported them being together from the very beginning! I've even given them a ship name, Tayla!'

Cisco: 'I love it!'

Echo: 'I think they might get together during the season.'

Frostee: 'It's an educated guess since this is a good time to tell someone how you fell.'

Echo: 'Do you two want to turn it into a little game?'

The smirk on Echo's face was probably evil looking, but she wanted to play a game with the chemistry of Tony and Layla so bad.

Cisco: 'What do you have in mind?'

Echo: '75 dollars on the table, and who can guess how they will figure out their feelings. Will Tony admit, or Layla? Or will it be on accident?'

Frostee: 'I like the sound of this game.'

Cisco: 'What happens if they somehow don't get together though?'

Echo: 'Then we shall give them a little push.'

Frostee: 'I'm in!'

Cisco: 'Same here!'

Echo: 'Perfect. We'll discuss the terms and shake on it at the airport when all of us arrive back in L.A.'

Echo turned off her phone, a smirk still running across her face as she thought of a strategy to guess who was going to confess first. Tony or Layla?

Layla's POV

"Achoo!"

"Bless you."

"Thanks."

Layla muttered as she rubbed her nose, a weird feeling washing over her.

"Do you have that feeling someone is talking about you?"

Tony slightly twitched and nodded, looking around at the people passing them as they had lunch at a small restaurant. Layla and Tony were the only ones of the crew still in L.A as the others flew back in and wouldn't be landing in several hours.