「 ✦ one shot✦ 」

you guys get taylor with a meaner mindset lmao

—💌—

     it was late, i stood at the ballroom balcony waiting for that stupid carrot top girl, ashlyn. i don't usually act like this, but when it comes to her, i do act like this.

we're both lesbians trying to not let any guys get near us by acting like lovers, but we both hate eachother...well, atleast i don't hate her too much...whatever.

     ashlyn came up to the balcony, where we settled to meet. "took you long enough, carrot top." i said, turning to her while holding my dress to not get it dirty.  "you know the plan, right? we gotta act all lovey dovey. make sure you do that, chocolate cake." she said to me, obviously knowing i hate when she calls me that, so i teased her a little.

"are you sure we gotta act out that stuff, hm? what if i don't want to act." i chuckled, watching her face get red from embarrassment. "stop it taylor! this makes you more of a dipshit. what do you expect, me to kiss you or some stuff?" she said angrily, i swear i could see smoke coming out from her ears from how angry she was. "yeah, what if i did?" i said, raising an eyebrow and bursting out in laughter right after i said that. "just kidding, don't take that to heart like you always do."

"stopp!" she shoved me while we were walking down the stairs to the ballroom, leaving the balcony at last while i laughed at her.

—💌—

     we grabbed some food, staying glued together so no stupid boys could come up to us. of course, we did a great job waiting for the time to dance, cause, you know, we're just the best at acting like stupid lovers.

"and then he like- tried to get all over me, you know? he was like obsessed with me or something!" she talked about tyler, my brother, blabbering about him all the time from how annoying she thought he was. "well, you know, i really don't think tyler's obsessed with you haha." i said, laughing sarcastically and not looking at her so she didn't glare at me with those spooky green eyes, but she still did, not in a mean way. "well, you surely are obsessed with ME, if you thought i didn't notice." i turned to her, my thoughts flooding my mind over if i actually was obsessed with her.

"nah, keep dreaming sweetheart." i chuckled, my cheeks a little red from how cold it was, since the balcony doors were open and it was snowing. i smiled, looking around the ballroom, since i've never been to the kingdom ashlyn lives in. she always comes to mine and sneaks in the garden i have instead. "the moon is beautiful isn't it?" ash said to me, smiling. i looked out the large windows of the ballroom, not seeing the moon and turning back to her.

"should we go back to the balcony to see?" i said, her eyes turning to the balcony, doors wide open for us to go to, and nobody else up there. "yeah, let's go." she said, grabbing my hand and walking up the stairs, us going back to the balcony like i suggested, just to have some time without anyone near us, and just to see the moon, like she said, it was beautiful.

—💌—

     we went up to the balcony, hearing the music inside the ballroom go from a jazz-ish kind, to a more elegant slow song to dance to. obviously, everyone inside the ballroom was dancing to the music, it looked amazing.

i leaned on ashlyn's shoulder, breathing the cold hair deeply and watching the air come out of my mouth like a little kid. i noticed ashlyn looking at me, not at the moon. i didn't get why she told me the moon looks beautiful, it always does and she knows clearly, since she always tells me about how much she loves the moon, just like it's a person. but i know it's not, and i always will know she never would tell me about someone she likes. my thoughts always fill up my mind like this, gosh. why do i care about if she likes anyone?

she tapped my shoulder, my head getting off of hers as i hummed in concern, seeing her look at me in a way nobody has.

"taylor, may i have this dance?" she told me, standing like those guys when they invite you to dance with them. my cheeks flushed up, this time not because it was cold. i looked at her in surprise, her hand held out to hold mine.

i slowly reached my hand out, grabbing her hand and holding it as we danced on the balcony, the music and the silent sound of her humming, and her shoes tapping the ground in sync with the music.

—💌—

     when we were kids, on the night of christmas we danced all the time just to practice for this exact moment to happen, for when we would think about stupid boys. well, basically just me who thought of them. but not anymore, cause we know who we like. girls, i'm sure of it.

we laughed, dancing just like the night would never end. i slowly closed the large doors of the balcony with my foot, not letting her notice, and not letting anyone see us dance since they would most likely force us to dance with boys, and take us dancing as if we had no partner, but we were eachothers partners, and nobody could change that.

she looked at me, her green eyes gleaming as i closed mine, just laughing along silently to the sound of us dancing, the sounds of us breathing, the sounds of us.

she kissed me, her lips were soft and it was unexpected. i never expected her to kiss me, my eyes widened slightly from the feeling of her lips against mine, it was a surprise. she stopped dancing, so did i. i leaned against the rails of the balcony, hugging her tightly as she kissed me.

now i see the moon,

the moon really was beautiful, wasn't it, ashlyn?