Science fiction. The bottom

We have been looking for their tracks for a very long time now. Everytime we turn around we feel hopeful that we will be able to find their tracks and this is how it has been now for almost a year- Galaxies, lifeless planets, star systems; wherever we go, we only search for their tracks. Tracks that would lead us to them.

But we have not been able to find any track for almost 12 months now. But, we still have not allowed poignancy to invade our resolute minds, and keep us from achieving the goal of our mission. Because if we do not find their tracks, we will never be able to reach our planet. We shall be left as nomads travelling through cosmos, seeking a destiny in every destination. Only to realise that our true destiny lies in finding their tracks and then accompany them on a voyage that would lead us to our planet.

For many of us they are our only way to go where we belong. So far all our efforts to find our salvagers have only led us into the event horizon of unyielding fate, where we appear to be getting drawn into a cosmic reality that is locked from all sides by forces that are averse to us finding them or they finding us.

Right now the easy and only victims of misfortune that has taken a liking to us; and it on purpose seems to prevent us from finding their tracks. Because its spate of agonisingly torturous moments, that it always succeeds in weaving with our fate, is far more stubborn than our relentless attempts to find them and their tracks.

So, our leader, who had been following his instincts so far, seems to have given up, because he has reached a saturation point when it comes to his space navigational instincts. He is unable to make new guesses. And in this state of indecisiveness, he has chosen to take a pause somewhere in the cosmos, where there are no stars, no planets, no lights, just us; and our spaceship, and our misfortunes that have taken a vow not to spare us until we are not lost in the cosmos. Which we actually are, because we are in the part of the universe where we have no idea in which direction our planet lies.

It could be anywhere. It could be to our left, to our right, it could be right ahead of us, or we may have left it far behind. But right now, there is the limitless cosmos all around us, and we appear to be trapped in it. Because every direction appears to be the same. And if we do not find their tracks soon, the oblivion of the universe will find us and then we will be left there forever. Like a moth, that on approaching a bright light moves away to another source of much brighter light, and when it reaches there, it finds another source of light that is even brighter. So it continues forever. Hopping from one light to another, and in doing so it is never able to kiss the light that would transform it into the moth who always finds the source of light to kiss and romance with as long as it is alive. Tragedy of the moth who wishes to kiss every source of bright light.

At the moment we are exactly like this moth. And our plight is regrettable. At the same time one that redefines hope. Hope that seeks its reason to survive from every particle present in the Universe. And as our hopes are scouting for these specks of encouragement, we are waiting in our spaceship for at least one of them to kiss our dying spirits and offer us the encouragement we seek with a lot of eagerness.

We have been in this region of the cosmos for almost 1 month now, and our leader has chosen to surrender before our misfortune; and now we are gradually being gripped by the belief that we all suffer from tactical inefficiency when it comes to cosmic exploits. Whatever those exploits might be.

We are in the darkest regions of the cosmos, and based on our time detection machines we have been here for over 2 months now, and if we do not move somewhere soon, we shall be stuck here for more than a year. Because in 2 days this region of the universe will warp space to such an extent that even if we travel outwards we will always travel back to the same point, over and over again.