Chapter 5: Mr Stick and Pepperman Boss Fight

(P.O.V Y/N)

You were shoved out of the level, almost tripping over and having to take a good full minute to regain balance again. You looked behind you, Peppino hadn't come out. You stuck your head in, but it showed the start of the room...undestroyed, with enemy's where they were before. You took your head back out. You'd be waiting awhile. You turned and sat on the slightly higher then the ground concrete block the level door stood on. You then heard a noise rapidly approaching...Gustavo? Yes, it was! He was being chased by a giant rat!?

"MAMA MIA! GET AWAY FROM ME! STOP IT, STOP!"

Gustavo yelled frantically, as he ran left and right, and left and right...the rat following him all the way.

"Woah- G-Gustavo!? What happened!?"

You asked. You were much too scared to actually go up and try fighting the rat off. Gustavo jumped into your arms, and the rat stood chasing, standing in front of you. It seemed fine now, though was still eye-ing Gustavo. Gustavo took a deep breath

"Whew, Thanks Paisano! It's Uh...Well the rat was sitting by itself-a, I though it looked a little bit-a lonley, so I pet it...Then it-a started chasing me! It tried to-a bite me!"

"That must of sucked...I found Peppino atleast! Wouldn't recommend going in there- WOAH-!"

Suddenly, The rat jumped at you, causing you to drop Gustavo, and they started chasing again. You sighed. This was going to be a long day...

[Time skip: a few hours later...]

Peppino had finally got that P rank he wanted! He tried two other levels too, P ranking the second, but having a continuous struggle on the third. The tower had calmed down. Gustavo and the Rat had stopped running, though only because they were both out of breath. Gustavo was leaning against the wall and the rat was laid down on the floor.

"Hey-a little guy, want-a some help up?"

Gustavo asked, but the rat hissed in return

"Jeez..."

He mumbled. The sounds of Peppino exciting the level were heard, as he let out an annoyed groan.

"UGH! I-a keep making the same-a DAMN mistakes!"

You went to Peppino and pat his back.

"It's okay, Pep, you've been going all day, you need rest"

"But- But-"

Peppino tried fighting back, but you held his hand and lead him away from the level. Gustavo followed you and the rat followed from a distance. You went back to that weird big couch at the lobby, and you, Peppino and Gustavo all sat down. Peppino sighed, though clearly calming down.

"Jeez...How-a late do ya think it is? Their ain't-a many windows but I saw a bit of the-a night sky somewhere..."

"Night time already? You gotta stop overworking you're-a self like this! If-a Y/N didn't-a drag you away from that level I'm-a sure you would of-a gone all night!"

Gustavo chuckled, getting comfortable. After a few minutes, Gustavo had fallen asleep and you thought Peppino was too. You stood up, but Peppino noticed, his voice quiet, he was clearly very close to sleeping.

"Y/N? You-a all good?"

"Oh- I just wanna take a quick walk around, I'll be back in a jiffy!"

You said. Peppino mumbled, and his eyes closed. You walked off. The tower had a much more calming aura at night...The ambience had became relaxing, and glimpses of the night sky shone through some of the bricks. It almost made you want too-