CHAPTER 17

Akari shook violently. Her eyes were darting around in paranoia and her face was pale. Her black hair was greasy and untamed. She was always sweating and her eyes were wide and bloodshot.

The whole school noticed that she was different from the usual pretty girl. They had a certain suspicion, but surely they couldn't be right...

"Akari Shinjo," The principal called from the classroom doorway. "Follow me." He beckoned her with a serious face.

Akari started to sweat. Why was he frowning at her? That never happened. She's always been a good student, and popular!

"Yes sir..." She mumbled and stood up from her desk. Her legs felt weak but she stopped herself from buckling under the eyes of the students.

And in the front by the window, was a certain red eyed girl. She covered her mouth to hide her smirk, but to anyone else, she looked concerned for the girl.

Akari locked eyes with her, and somehow, she knew. "You..." She muttered with eyes sharp and glaring. She was about to stop, but Akari realized she was already in enough trouble as it is (for whatever reason).

The class followed her figure as she walked out the classroom. The class stayed silent for a couple seconds before whispering.

"Akari-San is acting strange."

"Is she okay?"

Y/n smirked, 'I guess I'm destined to be cruel. Like the Kibutsuji I am.'

<>

"Y/n-Senpai, are you ready for the game tomorrow?" Kindachi asked with a small smile. He was holding a volleyball for Kunimi, to which the said boy was practically itching to set.

Y/n nodded, "Yeah, but I am pretty nervous." She laughed awkwardly. "But my dad is coming to the game, which makes me pretty excited."

"No way! Muzan Kibutsuji is coming!?" Yahaba rushed from the net next to the red eyed girl. "That's awesome!"

Y/n hummed, "Well I guess it is..? It makes me nervous but excited." She gripped her head, "I'm having so many emotions!"

"Well it's only natural," Y/n felt a hand on her head and looked up, "It's your first game, after all." Iwaizumi said before ruffling her hair. "You'll do fine." His face was graced with a small smile.

Y/n blushed. 'There's that feeling again.'

"I hope I do. I'd hate to let you guys down." She frowned a little.

"You'd never let us down, Y/n-Chan!" Oikawa came rushing in through the gym doors. He sped towards her and leaped through the air. His smile was giddy and his arms were out, "I can give you a hug for encouragement!"

He got punched by Iwaizumi.

"DAMMIT SHITTYKAWA!"

"Ah! Iwa-San! It's okay." Y/n helped Oikawa off the ground and smiled slightly. "Thank you, Oikawa-San—"

The said boy looked up at her with bright brown eyes, "Call me Toru." He winked with a little bit of his tongue sticking out.

There was silence before Iwaizumi scowled, "That is absolutely disgusting. Never do that again."

Oikawa pouted at that and clung onto the ace, "IWA-CHANNNN!! DON'T YOU KNOW THAT YOU'RE SO MEAN??!!"

Iwaizumi turned to Y/n, "Since Shittykawa wants you to call him by his first name," he paused as a light red graced his cheeks, "You can call me by mine too."

Y/n stared at them before smiling a little, "Toru and Hajime..." She mumbled. Her smile widened, "Okay!"

She then heard a grunt behind her and nodded, "Oh right, I have your lunch, Ken-Chan." Y/n walked to her bag and fished out a bento box.

"Ken-Chan?" Oikawa murmured before glaring at Kyotani, "Since when are you two on first name basis!?"

"Since I walked her home." Kyotani said simply before pulling an applesauce packet out and squeezing it in his mouth.

Oikawa's eye twitched, "You little..."

"Here you go, Ken-Chan!" Y/n handed him the bento box and she smiled, "It has your hamima chicken you like."

"Thanks." He grunted and patted Y/n's head. He walked away with the bento, carefully holding it in his hands.

"Y/n-Senpai, Akari Shinjo is in your class right?" Kindaichi asked as he twirled a volleyball in his hands.

She turned with a hum, "Yeah, she's in my homeroom, why?"

"You didn't hear what happened?" Kindaichi looked at her with a quirked brow.

Y/n shrugged, "I saw the principal come and get her out the class. But other than that, I haven't heard anything."

Kindaichi cupped the side of his mouth and whispered, "I heard she's on something. They found drugs in her bag."

Y/n feigned surprise, "Really?"

Oikawa hummed, "She did hurt you, Y/n-Chan!"

Y/n laughed softly, "Well... what's gonna happen to her?"

Kindaichi shrugged and tossed the volleyball up in the air and started to set it to himself, "She's probably gonna get kicked off the dance team or something."

Iwaizumi's lips twisted, "Damn... she was the captain too."

Just a couple hours ago, Y/n had the revelation that it was her destiny to ruin someone, like her dad. Maybe that was the wrong choice. Was it? Why does she feel a little guilty? What would her mom think?

Oh.

That made her mind come to a stop. What would her mom think of her? No one knows, sure, but the guilt slowly jabbed at her.

Y/n Kibutsuji is a Kibutsuji. That's her fate... it has to be. After all, she never had a mother figure to influence her. Only the gang, but they would never come close to the feeling of a real mother.

God, now she's rambling in her mind.

"Y/n-Chan?" Oikawa waved his hand in front of the girls face. "Helloooo~"

Y/n blinked and looked up at Oikawa. But the chocolate haired male noticed a slight difference in her red eyes. She looked more tense and cautious.

His eyebrows furrowed, "Y/n-Cha-"

"Let's get to practicing!" She plastered on a fake smile. Oikawa could tell because he had done it so many times before. "We have to be on our game tomorrow!" Y/n playfully punched Oikawa's arm and ran off to the volleyball rack.

Oikawa furrowed his eyebrows, 'Y/n-Chan... are you okay?'