The Ritual

psa🚨this is a very rough draft and will be revised over the next few weeks🚨

Abigail and I have always been close. We met in middle school and were inseparable throughout our youth. This story, however, starts my sophomore year of college. Still closer than ever Abigail and I would visit each other's house for all of the holidays and people would even mistake us for siblings even though I hardly could understand why. Her curvy but short frame hardly matched my thin but athletic physique. She had dark tight curly locks of hair but mine was red and had a much looser pattern. However, years of companionship had probably molded our behaviors to people making that assumption.  I was getting ready to go back to college and was packing my stuff up when I saw her name pop up on my iPhone.

"Hey, John. I don't know if you know this but we have school next week! Where the fuck are you ?"

"Abby, you know I'll beat your ass right? " I jokingly replied.

"Yeah, whatever last time I checked you could never handle me." She responded.

She wasn't entirely wrong. I did cross country during high school but other than that I was a certified nerd. Science and Math were my bread and butter. Aggression never came easily to me. Abigail on the other hand was a 2 sport athlete and despite getting decent grades ended up in detention a lot for fighting. I lost count of how many times I said something to piss her off and that little demon of a best friend had me in a chokehold.

I laughed and said "I'll be downstairs in like 30 Abby, chilllll. "

"I'm on my way J, oh and we're going to make a detour," she said and hung up.

Now one thing Abby and I had in common was our love for the glorious drug called marijuana. Due to the fact we lived in California and went to a pretty nice school drug testing wasn't a problem.

I figured we would be on our way to a plugs house somewhere before we headed to school.

As she pulled into the driveway I was filled with happiness. Growing up my mother and father divorced and unlike most situations, my father ended up maintaining custody so not having a Mom growing up was rough. Abigail in a lot of ways helped me navigate that area of life. She was the first one to get me laid, the first one to take me to the parties that I wasn't necessarily invited to but ended up being a part of the crowd. She was an awesome friend. Shoot, when we were younger she was even my first kiss in kindergarten. I always wondered if she ever thought about that.

"So, we got a few parties to hit up before school starts J, I need you to be my DD. We're about to get high as fuck! I need to destress cause, shit, this school shit is getting hard. I'm just ready for this shit to be over."

I stared at her.

"You been eating a lot lately or something ?"

It felt kind of weird to see her because she's always been in pretty good shape. But now I couldn't help but realize how her body had filled out. I looked away quickly but I'm sure she caught me because I saw her eyes light up.

In a rare moment, she said nothing.

I smiled and played it off "Maybe I've just been smoking too much"

She rolled her eyes and stepped into the house.

"Well....if you MUST know I been on birth control"

My eyes narrowed and I fought a smirk. "Who you been fucking ?"

She walked past me towards my room and quietly said "Nobody"

I followed and grabbed my phone out of my pocket. "Hey, I been on Tinder and shit. Can you let me know which one of these bitches would fuck ? "