The Kidnapping

Hickory, a yodeling bounty hunter separated from his brother after Queen Barb threw him in lava, was strolling through a dimly lit nighttime market, looking for his next target. He maneuvered past crowds of many diverse and strange trolls, bergens, and ragers alike, chewing on a piece of hay to better pose himself as a country troll. He found that he had much enjoyed the sensation of the grain against his teeth after his last mission, that being the mission his brother had died on. After he began looking for new bounties to take on, he needed to recruit a new sidekick to pose as the back half of his centaur-like country troll disguise. He finally found a proper sidekick, well fitted to the role.

Looking around at the different offers, he came across one in particular that struck his eye. It was wanted poster posted by Velvet and Veneer themselves: a middle aged troll named Floyd, a pink haired pop troll with soft looking features and neatly combed, swept up hair. Hickory took a closer look at the poster. As he was looking it over, he mused, 'Well ain't that a cute pop troll'.

He ripped the poster off the wall and handed it to a bergen at the front desk. "I'll take this one. What might the reward be for this here pop troll eh?"

The bergen looked up at him, his curiosity piqued by the green troll's question. He responded, "This mighty fine troll would be about 10,000 crowns".  To put this into perspective, after receiving such a sum, Hickory could afford a residence in one of the most popular neighborhoods in Troll Kingdom, with crowns to spare. With this, Hickory's eyes lit up immediately as he lunged for the poster, shouting "I'll take it!". Several passersby in the market turned their heads, and Hickory cleared his throat sheepishly.

He left the market tent with a skip in his step, quietly humming to himself as he went. 'I'm gon' be rich once I snag this little troll!'

*Floyd pov now [change plot slightly]*

Floyd, having escaped Velvet and Venner's grasp, ran around the pop troll territory, trying to find pop village. Taking a short break, he stumbled upon a wanted poster displaying an illustration of himself. He stared down at the poster, a shocked expression plastered on his face. He frantically looked around to make sure nobody saw him, and found even more copies of his face hanging on just about every other tree. Suddenly feeling queasy, he rushed from poster to poster, quickly attempting to remove them all before anyone saw.  As he was just about to remove the final poster from its place, he realized the sun was just beginning to dip below the horizon. He decided it was about time to set up camp and turn in for the night, setting up in his portable tent. Sleep didn't come easy to him, and he was almost positive this wouldn't be last time he saw wanted posters of himself.

*Hickory pov*
As he was searching for the pop troll, he noticed smoke rising in the sky. Feeling curious, he decided to get a closer look. As he crept closer he spotted a wisp of familiar pink hair. As soon as he spotted this detail he silently ran up, preparing his rope and blindfold. Once he got closer, he quickly made sure the troll was asleep before blindfolding him and tying him up.