𝟏𝟔

- a u t h o r ' s p o v -

Arriving at the airport, Atharv pulled the brakes which indicated the girl sitting on the passenger's seat with her eyes closed. Her eyes opened with the slow jerk of the car as she glanced outside the window and found herself already at the airport. Her eyes followed his figure who came to her side and opened the gate for her. Shivika smiled, unbuckled the seat belt, and hopped down the car.

Atharv and shivika were here to pick up his best friend who was arriving today. No one else other than shivika was free at the moment and Sonali insisted she give Atharv a company which atharv very well knew why she did so and it made him happy. While she was busy feeling the slow songs playing in the car, he admired her side profile with a small smile. It had become his favorite thing to do. Glancing at her face. Staring at her. Admiring her smile. And loving her secretly.

as if he was some teenage lover boy. But all that mattered to him was how much he had fallen in love with this goddess and now was doing every bare minimum thing that would make her feel the same as his fellow heart. There's no rush. He had enough time to make her his. So, he was going slow.

"Where is he? The flight has already landed." Hearing Atharv's mumble, Shivika shook her head at his impatient behavior. Of Course, it takes time to depart from the plane.

"Just wait, he will be coming out soon," Shivika said while looking at him, glancing at his wrist watch now and then. His eyes met hers as an instant nod was received by him. She smiled and rubbed her hands on her arms as the cold breeze hit her perfect figure.

Noticing that she was cold, Atharv started taking off his coat and was about to cover her shoulders from it but a loud shout rang in their ears.

"ATHARV!!!!" A female voice came from the front as their gazes shifted towards it. There stood a girl at the gates of the exit and was waving at him. Shivika's eyes scrunched as she tried to get a proper view of her face but because of the crowd, she couldn't.

But Atharv recognised that voice and a sigh escaped his lips. "He brought her along with her? God!" His thoughts were voiced out and soon enough the girl who shouted his name ran towards him and jumped on him making him stumble.

Shivika's eyes widened while looking at them and her hand automatically clutched together. Who is she? Why did she jump on him? Wasn't his best friend a guy? Then she?

Curiosity rose in her heart as she went keen looking at her figure who was hugging him. In contrast, Atharv struggles in that bone-crushing hug.

"Ishaa!! Get down, he will die if you hug him like that!" A male voice came from behind as Shivika's gaze turned towards him who was coming with two suitcases, dressed in casual clothes. That girl named Isha too got back but still hugged him in his arms.

He too looked unbothered by it. What? Why is he not detaching her from himself? Is she his girlfriend or what? Shivika didn't realize but till now her orbs were shooting daggers at the girl who was sticking to atharv, Isha.