{One}Amalia

I studied the snowflakes as they
drifted lazily downward.
I couldn't help but think they looked like ashes.
My mind gripped at the thought of death how can one die so fast for no reason and not even get the chance to work to be the best person they could be.
I'm sitting on a bench at the park thinking of what I had just witnessed.
I had taken several hard gulps before I could think of that moment.
A girl young probably I don't know 16 killed in front of me.
This year had turned into the worst year of my life.
My father divorcing my mother.
Me having to work my ass of to get into a university on scholarship.
My siblings getting taken away from my mother again and placed into a foster home.
My mother having to work 3 jobs to afford a lawyer to fight for custody.
And know a girl I had just met killed in front of me.
We where walking toward the Maryland High school.
When a man jumped us I had just met Tiana who was thinking of transfering here and the principal had asked me Amelia Forbes Archibald to show her around.
I said yes of course I had loved to show people where the best school in Maryland is.
But a man I don't know who he was I couldn't see his face.
Came out of the buses and was holding a gun I thought he was robbing us.
You should have stayed away,you have no idea what you got yourself into the man said to Tiana.
She didn't say a word I watched as he pulled the trigger shouting her in the chest.
He ran off and she fell to the floor,I tried I tried really hard to stop the bleeding but it was to much if we where in a book any book I would have saved her but this was the real world it sucked.
A male voice scared me back to reality.
A young man sits next to me on the bench.
Sorry to bother you Miss Forbes I just have a few questions about what you saw the man explained.
Yes of course my last name is not Forbes anymore it's Archibald I muttered trying not to sound rude.
Sorry Miss Archibald he replied.
I nod.