Small Towns, Small Things

AUGUST 3RD, 2000. 6:45 A.M.

The Autumn breeze fluttered absently through the columns of the porch, his fluffy curls slightly ruffling with the cold air. Tom leaned back in his creaky rocking chair, his gaze lingering on the approaching hues of the sunrise. The crimson and gold streaks painted the sky, a stark contrast to the shadows that enveloped the woods that lay beyond the town. A stark contrast to the shadows that enveloped his thoughts, too, as he anxiously watched the gravel road of his driveway. A sigh escaped him, a mixture of desperate anxiety and muted apprehension as another day of clandestine responsibilities concluded.

The almost tranquile silence he'd created there on the creaky old porch was shattered by the low and familiar rumble of the black Impala down the gravel, its headlights cutting through the encroaching darkness. Will, green-purple hair, black leather jacket, security uniform clad, stepped out, weariness etched on their face from their first night on the job. A long haul stretch of twelve to six, the graveyard shift by many standards. Will had always been a night owl - ever since his teenage years of insomnia and one too many late nights turned early mornings - and therefore had been more than comfortable with the odd hours of their new job. Tom, however. Tom was a morning, wake with the sun type of person. All bird songs and drawn curtains and warm coffee. It had worked for them, thus far. Brothers reunited after so long away, opposite schedules but double income to live on. Still, though. Tom had risen himself extra early this day to welcome Will back home, anxious to hear about the new job.

"How was your first night?" Tom inquired, concern evident in his voice. He leaned forward in his rocking chair, almost standing as he tilted his head at his brother. "Did it go okay?"

Will shrugged, locking the doors to his car and folding their hands into their pockets as they trudged up the rickety old stairs to his brother. They raised a hand and gently squeezed Tom's shoulder, nodding. "It was...okay. Strange, I guess. There's another night shift guard I'm working with."

The blonde raised an eyebrow, quickly schooling his face and prodding Will on with a nod.

"His name's Mike." The green-purple haired man expands, waving a hand absently beside themself. "Got a little sister he's fighting for. That's why he needs the job." He laughs a little bit under his breath, shaking his head almost fondly. "He's definitely not used to the hours, though. Kept falling asleep. He even brought this weird ass classic cassette player and some headphones. I told him just to nap it off."

Tom clears his throat, smiling and nudging Will playfully with his shoe. "Yeah, I believe it. It's the first day you've met this guy and you're already taking in double the work just so he can catch up on sleep. He must be really cute, huh?"

"Yeah, yeah. Can it, will you?" Will scoffs and gently pushes his brother away, shaking his head and pulling open the screen door to the house. He ushers the blonde inside, waving his hands absently. "C'mon. I'll make you breakfast before you go to work."

——

chapter one of the long awaited fnaf au!!!!!

lorddddddddd help me why is the silly animatronic movie so good