A different Reality

Pain. Everything was pain. Every inch of his body felt like it was being pulled apart, yet simultaneously pinching inward. His vision was blurring and glitching and he could barely see anything.

His chest was tight, if he even had a chest anymore. His breathing was irregular, if he was even breathing at all. Did he even exist in this strange plane of being?!

He could barely see the words in front of him with how much he was hurting and shaking and blurring. "The Steve Saga". "Hypixel". They were nothing but games to Sabre, yet if he didn't enter one now, he feared what would happen to him.

Pain. So much more pain. It seemed to grow exponentially as he waited. He had to enter a world now, or else...or else what? He didn't want to return a failure, embarrassing himself and proving Sabre right, but the pain of trying to stay together where he was now was too much. His vision continued to glitch, and black spots danced over his eyes. He couldn't see what he was clicking anymore.

"Please, please, just let me get back to the Steve Realm!! Please..." he begged to no one in particular. He felt the cursor move to something, and click. Then, his world changed.

Reality could suddenly feel his body again. He was whole. Well, he felt whole, but he had to check. His hands frantically patted down his body parts, confirming them existing. He did have a chest, and yes, he 100% could breathe. He was breathing.

Breathing. He had to control his breathing. He attempted to focus on keeping air in his lungs and breathing it out like a normal person would, but he was soon distracted when he looked around him.

The surrounding area was giant. Walls of stone seemed to reach towards the sky. Huge colored portals, seemingly the colors of the rainbow, were arranged into the walls. Reality had seen kingdoms and towns from other people's memories, yet this place seemed to be bigger than even the mightiest Yellow Steves' castles. He took a step back in awe. It took his breath away, pun intended. His fast paced breathing was still raggedly painful on his lungs, but he was too enamored to care.

Breaking him from his thoughts was aggressive, forced coughing. He quickly turned to face three familiar faces. One of which he thought he'd never see face to face, one he knew he'd see eventually(but not like this), and another he hoped he wouldn't have to deal with for a while.

"Ahem." Time Steve stared him down, his stance defensive. "Would it be rude of me to ask..."

"Who the fuck are you??" Elemental Steve answered for his brother, his face scrunching up in confusion.

"Not what I was going to say, but it works." Time shrugged. He gave a knowing look to his brother, who rolled his eyes in response.

Brother. Time Steve was standing right next to Elemental Steve, and not only was the latter Steve alive in the first place, he and Time were also not at each other's throats, which greatly contradicted the small things he knew about their relationship.

Next to the two brothers—his two brothers, Reality realized with unmasked disgust—was Sabre. But he looked different. He wore a heavy space suit and a protective helmet, making him look utterly ridiculous. Somehow even more ridiculous than the chicken onesie that Reality had come to despise. (Reality never had a problem with chickens before, but because of Sabre's influence, he often couldn't stop himself from going out of his way to murder each one he saw. It was beginning to be a real problem.)

"Yeah...without the swearing, I gotta agree with Elemental on this one, for once. Who are you?" Sabre's face then paled from inside the small glass dome. "Don't tell me, Void sent you?"

Void? Reality Steve thought back to Galaxy's memories, where he learned of the villain that had destroyed Rainbow Steve and nearly defeated Galaxy. But Void was absorbed not just ages, but many generations before Reality was even conceived. Why was he a problem now?