One

"Shut up! What if that's the police? We ain't have any guns, knives ain't gonna do shit!" He growled. His companion looked panicked. "So then what do we do?" He asked. "I don't know! Quick, hi-,"
"Afraid I'm not licensed to use firearms," a husky voice drawled from the corner. Both the men's heads shot up, but it was already too late. They slumped to the floor as a dart appeared in each of their necks, with a loud thump. "I am, however, licensed to sedate aggressive animals,"

The speaker appeared from the shadows, a dart gun in her hand. Her left eye was marred by three large scars, as if a lion had clawed her, and her wild brown hair cascaded down her back in frenzied waves, nearly overshadowing her green jacket. Despite her imitating and surprisingly androgynous look however, there was a sort of softness to her as she knelt down. "Hey. It's alright, I'm the police. Well, not really the police, not the blue kind. I'm the forest police," she smiled softly, extending a careful hand. The terrified boy looked at her face, at her hand, and took it, trembling slightly. "You're safe with me, I promise. I'm not going to hurt you or let anything hurt you while you're with me," she hauled him up to his feet, putting away the dart gun. "What's your name sweetheart?" She asked, beginning to walk away after shooting someone a text on her phone. "Uhm...K-kyle s-sir. Ma'am," he stumbled slightly, blushing. "It's Mx. Nice to meet you. I'm Chief Ranger Alexi Rodriguez,"