Science fiction. Time perception and the girl

and the girl

Life is short on our planet, and that is why we do not invest in hopes that spread beyond the horizons of our lifespans. Maybe it is an evolution at an emotional level, acquired by our clan that lives on this planet.

The planet that has existed since the first life appeared in the universe, but people living on this planet lead short lifespans that last a few decades. And then one day the curtain falls and the life's show for that person comes to an end.

And this is my story and I wish to share it before the curtain falls and my show comes to an end too. So, read carefully, because life here is short, but it is filled with so many lively moments that I have not come across anyone who died without a smile. And that is why on this planet we have a famous saying that goes somewhat like this:

If you see the most captivating smile on a person's face, then be sure that person is smiling at the angel of death!

So, you see, there is a lot of excitement everywhere on this planet. And nobody feels ingrate about anything, because on this planet, being alive means only two things: Being happy and being happily alive!

And why do I want to share my story, when you know almost everything about my planet. Simple, that was about my planet but this story is about me living on this planet and feeling happy my way.

So, let me begin.

My mother must have been 27 years old when I was born and my father may have been 35 years old at that time. And the moment I greeted the world, I heard their laughter; because they had been laughing about the joke that my father had cracked. Just a few moments before I was born.

I had been greeted by very welcoming sounds and this jovial tune of laughter still echoes in my ears and makes me smile. An echo that does not travel in a linear direction but in a circle. Where I am in the centre of this circle, yes you guessed it right; because we all are surrounded by the circles of our own lives. And I could not be an exception.

But I had not realised it until I was 20 years old. I do not prefer leaving any fodder for doubts, because eventually they add unnecessary climax to already rushing moments of life and force you to surmise a lot.

So, let me come straight to the point. It is true that I did not realise it until I was 20 years old, because time on this planet travels faster than most of the planets. And I guess it took me 20 years worth of time to come to this realisation.

As you may have judged it by now, here everything and everyone is bound to one common instinct, that of hurry. But we do not feel it, because we are born in these hurrying moments of time.

However, when we have guests visiting us from other planets, they find it clumsy; and at a certain point they find it too laborious.

What do I mean?

Being a part of the planet where everyone is lively and cheerful, let me explain it with some good humour.

A couple from a planet named Zaxen visited our planet. They were newly married and it was natural they would feel very passionate about each other. And when it comes to the human mind, humans feel sensations based on their ability to perceive a feeling that is tied to certain set or sets of neurons.

Therefore, there exists a natural time gap between registering something via one's senses; and then for the region of the neural network dedicated to register a sensation to act upon it. So that it can then relay it as a feeling to the regions of the body dedicated to experiencing it.