JACK'S PROLOGE: WOMAN

I consider myself a happy person. But my dreams at night are anything but happy.

      It was so cold that I shivered. It's funny how in my dreams temperature is a actual thing. Why am I so weird. "Not this again", I said to myself. Here I was in this cold icebox of doom known as "the darkness" or whater that awful woman likes to call it. I hate this ;  It could have been hours or minutes, to me it was an eternity. But eventually that sickly sweet voice rang through my icy black nothingness. "Could we cut the crap today." I said as a woman with a dark looking aura and purple eyes appeared and then paused, gazing at my pissyness. "You'll do best to learn to respect me or face punishment Jack." The woman sneered and bared her pointed teeth as she walked around him. "Yeah as if being froze to death and having to sit here with you all night isn't punishment enough." I glared. Amused at what I had just said The woman clicked her tongue and reached out for his arm. Taking a purple 3 inch claw she skillfully cut a line into my chilled skin. "Umf!" I squeezed my eyes closed and breathed deep. She laughed like it was some joke and my pain was the punchline. She dispersed in a cloud of blackness. 

    I was dreaming, I knew that much but it didn't stop me frI'm feeling pain. I grasped my forearm trying to slow the bleeding. "Now Jack let's not keep the future waiting, lets begin." She spoke from all around. "Sure Barney to dinosaur" I said trying to cover up my fear. Two purple hands slammed around his head and the process began. The Visions. At first when he was a baby she would show him simple visions like my mom making tommorows dinner or what kind of toy a kid in California whould get at his birthday party in two weeks. But as I aged the visions she would show me whould increase in time and detail. She would show me a woman namned Grace being killed by car that was to happen in 15 years by a man namned Roger who wore his hair long and smoked too much. Or the job a newborn namned Alex whould get at a post office in 25 years because his uncle felt bad for sleeping with his mom. These more abstract visions had started causing splitting headaches as his brain stressed to keep up. The woman explained to him recently that she was training him all this time so that he could process complex information for an ultimate purpose. That time had to be coming closer because the visions had intensified to a painful level this year. The vision the woman walked me through today was different from the ones before. Those past visions were more random than personal. But today he saw a girl he knew from class climbing a building to meet a boy namned Adam on top on a building this morning. He could hear thier thoughts and smell the crisp air. This wasn't as far in the future as he had been pushed before but the level of detail made up for that stress and pain. Why was she showing me these people?
"Jack listen close, the time for you to serve your purpose is tommorow; these two will be the ones you need to stay close too when the time comes."

      I woke screaming.
Like always my mother came into the room and hugged me as tight as possible to herself and started to comfort me. "Shh... ", she cooed "Shh jacky its all right". I muffled my protesting cries and buried my face in my moms shoulder.  What have you done I thought as she rocked me.