𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 ᅳ 𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬

ᅳ 𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ❆☃           

If there was one thing Hallie loved more than cold winter days, it was waking up to the sun on a snowy winter day

If there was one thing Hallie loved more than cold winter days, it was waking up to the sun on a snowy winter day. What was nicer than a walk in the snow while the sun shone and made everything sparkle even more?

It was impossible to wake up in a bad mood on a sunny winter day, which is why a smile immediately appeared on her face as the sun blinded her through her half-open eyes. However, after a moment she got used to it and stretched her body before turning around to cuddle up in Happy's arms.

But the bed next to her was cold and empty. A feeling of panic immediately crept into her bones. As if she couldn't quite believe her eyes, she ran her hand over the wrinkled sheet, the blanket just pushed to the side.

That's it for now with her good mood.

Was last night too much for Happy? Had he changed his mind and didn't want anything permanent? Then he would never have said any of those things to her, right? Happy may could be tactless at times, not the most emotionalᅳ but he wasn't an asshole. He wasn't someone who would give a woman unnecessary hope.

Her heart skipped a beat when she was sure she heard Happy's raspy laugh from outside, as well as her father's. Still a little sleepy, she got out of bed and walked over to the window, resting her hands on the narrow window sill as she dared to look outside.

The panic immediately faded, instead she now felt absolute relief when she saw Happy in the driveway of her house with her father. Most of the time, when Patrick O'Connell was shoveling the hotel's driveway and parking spaces, he would also take care of Hallie's and Serena's driveway so his girls didn't have to do it themselves.

Patrick was the reason why both O'Connell sisters had such high standards when it came to men. Her father was the best example of the perfect partner and father and Serena, like Hallie, grew up seeing how respectful and loving her father was with their mother and how he always did everything in his power to give his wife and daughters a beautiful lifeᅳ despite the wealth the family owned.

Money was never what made the O'Connell's feel rich. Patrick and Mia's wealth had always been their little family, which was more important than all the money in the world.

Hallie's heart swelled in her chest and a wide smile crossed her face as she watched how well the two of them got along. She didn't hear what they were talking about, but if Happy and her father laughed together, it couldn't be a bad thing.

When Happy then looked up at her, as if he had noticed that they were being watched, he gave her a quick wink, which only made her melt more.

Smiling, she waved at him before deciding to take a quick shower. She let her hair fall in big curls over her shoulders before applying some mascara, blush and matte lipstick after quickly brushing her teeth.