Late dance (Yujin IVE)

The gentle rustle of leaves and the distant hum of everyday life provided a comforting backdrop as you sat in your backyard, basking in the tranquility of the moment.

Unbeknownst to you, this serene interlude was about to be interrupted by the arrival of a new neighbor. Across the fence, A girl , with her contagious energy and a spirit as vibrant as the sunset, had just moved in. Blissfully unaware of the imminent change, you continued to enjoy the solitude, contemplating the world in your own introspective way.

As fate would have it, Yujin, drawn by the allure of her new surroundings, ventured into her backyard and noticed you sitting in the quiet embrace of nature. Intrigued by the peace that seemed to envelop you, she decided to initiate a conversation, seeking to bridge the gap between the two neighboring worlds.

Yujin: (with a friendly smile) Hey there! Mind if I join you? This backyard seems like the perfect spot to unwind.

You: (looking up, mildly surprised) Oh, sure. It's usually pretty quiet around here.

Yujin: (settling in) Quiet is nice, but it's even better with good company. I'm Yujin, by the way. Just moved in next door.

You: (Your name).Welcome to the neighbourhood.

Yujin: (noticing you with earphones) Hey, neighbor! Whatcha listening to?

You: (startled) Oh. Just some R&B ballads.

Yujin: (excitedly) No way! I love R&B too. Mind if I join you?

You: (surprised) Sure, I guess.

As the music fills the air, you both start discussing your favorite artists and songs.

Yujin : (smiling) This is so cool. Not many people around here appreciate R&B like we do.

You: (nodding) Yeah, it's my go-to genre. So soothing.

Over time, your shared love for R&B becomes a foundation for your unlikely friendship which slowly bloomed between you and Yujin. Her outgoing nature pulled you out of your shell, and soon, you found yourself enjoying her company more than you could have imagined. The bond between you grew stronger with each passing day, and it became evident that your connection went beyond being just neighbors.

As few weeks past by...

As prom night approached, the excitement and anticipation were visible. In the midst of your everyday interactions, you couldn't help but think about how to ask Yujin to be your date.

You: Have you thought about prom? I mean, it's coming up soon.

Yujin: Yeah, it's on my mind. I'm not sure who to go with yet.

You: Well, I was thinking... maybe we could go together?

Yujin: (teasingly) Oh, is this a promposal?

Suddenly Soobin, the popular guy, attempting to woo Yujin.

Soobin: Hey, Yujin! I heard you haven't decided on a prom date yet. How about going with me?

Yujin: Oh, Soobin, that's sweet, but I'm still figuring things out.

You :Not now.I guess (as you leaving them )

──────────────────────────────

In the days leading up to the much-anticipated prom night, you couldn't shake off the nervous excitement brewing within. Determined to make a lasting impression on Yujin, you devised a plan to ask her to be your prom date. Little did you know, however, that Soobin, the popular guy with a penchant for meddling, had other ideas.