lxiii. Get to you

Season two, chapter sixty-three

"Viridity
(n.) naive innocence"

THEA WAS DEEPLY engrossed in her own musings, while her fellow team members conversed about the events involving Mr. Ma. In a state of desperation, she clung to a fragile strand of denial, unwilling to acknowledge the undeniable changes he has experienced. Thea is resolute in her efforts to persuade herself that her own mind has deceived her, choosing to believe that she has misunderstood the chilling sights she has witnessed.

Nevertheless, Pil-gwang and Gelly were present; she had witnessed their presence. They possessed undisclosed information, unknown to Thea. Unknown to anyone else.

As her mind raced, she dared to entertain the shocking notion that Mr. Ma might be intricately involved in their clandestine actions. Bound by skepticism, Thea questioned the impossible synergy between their worlds. Could they truly be partners in crime, or was she simply being led astray?

"What will happen to him now?" Ms. Chu asked with concern, leaving Thea on the edge of her seat. Lost in her own thoughts, she had missed half of the riveting conversation

"We'll have to wait until the next trial. But he won't get a reduced sentence"Hana reveals, her words displaying both resolute conviction and hidden concern "If he refuses to change his attitude"

"Oh, dear"

Mo-tak revealed with one hand under his chin as if he was pondering "He looked dangerous"

Jangmul leaned forward, his eyebrows raised in confusion as he questioned, "Dangerous? What do you mean?"

"It's a hunch you have as a detective. 'This person shouldn't be let out' 'They're going to screw up sooner or later'" responded Mo-tak, Thea, despite comprehending his intuition, struggled with an unforeseen reluctance to reveal her personal thoughts. Concerned about the repercussions of making a false accusation, she is resolute in her determination to defend Mr. Ma

"That's how he came across as?" Ms. Chu tilted her head with a furrowed brow

"That's what my gut told me" Mo-tak crossed his arms and leaned back on the chair

"That's absurd. You know what kind of person he is" Ms. Chu exclaimed, and will stop at nothing to protect the honor of Mr. Ma "Of course, he'd want to kill those bastards. Why can't you empathize with him?"

Indeed, it was undeniable that the transformation of Mr. Ma, once known for his kindness, into a being filled with wickedness was difficult to fathom. Let alone an evil spirit.

"I wouldn't have believed him either had I not been there. He's been a good man all his life. But his faith in humanity came crumbling down in an instant" Mo-tak tried to make sense of it all