And you think i couldn't see you, there were flashing lights

A/n: yeah I have no clue what the layout of eclipsed estate is. I'm just making my own custom layout.

It was yet another one of his extravagant parties. He says he throws them for me, but then he invites a whole bunch of people I've never met. At least Pepper's at this one.

"Maria, are you gonna join in?" Kado asks. "I got your favourite drink."

"KA fruit punch?" I perk up. I refuse to drink alcohol. It makes me throw up.

"You know it." He passes me a tall glass of fruit punch and kisses me on the cheek. "Come on, we're playing exploding kittens."

"I'm in."

We walk down the stairs into the main lounge. I try to ignore the large turret in the middle of the room, as I always do. We sit on the couch and play a very entertaining game of exploding kittens. Piper Pace apparently had a hand filled with nope cards, so she kept throwing down nopes as soon as someone uses a defuse. I had to do yup when she pulled a nope on my defuse.

(If this makes no sense to you, then google the rules for exploding kittens. It's hilarious.)

After we were done, I went to the kitchen to grab a snack, since apparently the supply ran out while we played exploding kittens. I grab an egg custard tart from out of the fridge, and a bag of cheese and onion crisps from my secret stash under the sink. I also refill my glass of fruit punch. I then walk back to my room. But on the way there...

"Are you kidding me?!" I yell at Kado. "I left you alone for five minutes, and you're already making out with pepper?!"

He ignores me.

"Kado!!"
He turns to look at me. He panics.

"Maria, it's not what it looks like! I-"

"I don't wanna hear it. Midnights would've expected this from you. But I'm not midnights anymore. I let my guard down. It won't happen again."

Without saying another word, I walk to my room. I looked strong whilst confronting him, but as soon as I got to my room, I burst into tears.

"I was so stupid! Why did I trust him?!" I yell into my pillow. I look at my venti plush. "At least you won't betray me like Kado did." I cuddle venti, then roll onto the floor next to my bed.

And then I heard the door open.

"Go away, Kado. I don't wanna talk." I say, assuming that it's Kado. To be honest, I knew it probably wasn't. But I was so mad at him that I really didn't care.

I hear something be picked up. The person walks over to me and leans over my face, holding a briefcase.

"I almost didn't see you here." Her face was covered by a golden mask, but by the tone of her voice, I could tell that she was smirking.

"What the heck are you doing in my room?" I ask, still salty about Kado.

"Your room?"

"Yes. My room. I'm Kado's..." It just dawned on me. I'm not his girlfriend anymore. "Kado's ex-girlfriend."

"Damn. That's special." She takes off her mask. I recognized her immediately. Antonia, better known as Masque. A member of Nolan's crew. At least, she was two years ago. Just as breathtaking as ever... Wait. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a heist to pull off."