appearance in next chapter

Momoi Airi (桃井愛莉), Momoi Airi is a third-year student at Miyamasuzaka Girls Academy. She is a member of the idol group MORE MORE JUMP!

Background

Airi used to be a TV personality, appearing on many variety shows. She's very confident to the point of coming off as pushy sometimes. Despite being very passionate and invested in her budding idol career, something happened that resulted in her quitting her talent agency.
—Profile

Airi wanted to become an idol when she was young, as she admired the way they danced, sang and made people smile, and wanted to be able to do the same. At the same time, she wanted to be more girlish, as she was made fun of for being a tomboy and getting into fights with boys.[1] Airi was mainly inspired by an idol named Rainbow Garland, who was also the first idol she became a fan of.[2]

Airi later debuted as a member of the idol group QT. She was a popular idol that appeared on many variety shows. One of her most well-known TV personas was The Masked Variety Idol, Happy Everyday.[3] Due to her talent working in television, her agency urged her to stop being an idol and to become a TV personality instead. Upon overhearing her manager outright saying that Airi is very average as an idol, she rejected this offer, resulting in her quitting the group.

Airi seemingly gave up her dream of being an idol. She even insulted Minori when they first met and said that she has no chance at becoming an idol. However, seeing Minori's spirit, she was reinvigorated by her determination to reach her dream, thus agreeing to train Minori and create MORE MORE JUMP! with Haruka and Airi's former rival Shizuku.

She is the middle child of her family, having one older sister and one younger sister.[4] Her dad is a good cook, as Airi mentions him making her and her sisters lunch and Christmas Cake.[5]

As a second year, Airi was classmates with Shizuku in class 2-D. As a third year, she is part of the Miyamasuzaka credit course alongside Shizuku.