Chapter One

"Good Morning Princess. " India said waking me up giving me a kiss.

"Good Morning." I said.

"How'd you sleep?"

"It was alright, I love sleeping with you.. what time is it?"

"8:23"

"Hey, look outside and see if my mom's car is there." I said.

"You said she had to work right?" Said India getting up. "She's here!!"

"SHIT! We gotta get you out of here! " I said jumping up.

"Dammit Amber! You are supposed to know when she's off and when she goes to work!"

"She's suppose to be at work! I don't know why she's here."

"I don't like doing this... I don't like sneaking in here and being with you Amber."

"Chill out.. look I'm going in the kitchen to see what
She's doing and why she's here, keep the door locked and bout time I come back, have some clothes on so we can get you out of here." I said

"Whatever."

I went downstairs . How am I going to get India out this house? Ugh I just wish my mom wouldn't be such a bitch and get to know India. She's a good girl and we've been dating for 2 years and 4 months.. I think I'm in love with her.

"Hey Mom."

"Good Morning Amber, I was just about to cook some breakfast, you're never up this early though.."
"Why are you here??"

"Um excuse me, but I don't think I have to explain why I'm in my own home. "

"No I didn't mean it like that mom.. I just thought you had to work today.."

"Well yeah.. but I decided not to go, for family problems."

"What Family problems?"

"You'll see later." Said mom taking out the bacon.

"Hey can um... can India come over?"

"Amber why do you even waste your time... no!"

"Mom, what the hell, I'm 16 I should be allowed to have friends over!!"

"Thats not your friend." Mom mummbled.

"So what she's my girlfriend, it shouldn't matter!"

"Well it matters to me." Mom mumbled. "And you know what, I'm not going to have this conversation again.. Its not up for discussion, India is not allowed to be around you.. and thats that."

"Thats bullcrap and you know it!"

"Enough Amber, go upstairs and get dressed.. your father is coming over for a breakfast date and I want you to at least look nice."

"Whatever."

I went upstairs and knocked on the door, India answered.

"Why is she here.. and do I smell bacon?" Asked India.

"Yeah she's here.. she called in from work today, something about family problems."

"Whats wrong with your family?"

"I have no idea.. don't know.. don't care."

"How am I suppose to get out of here Amber? Ugh this is stupid.. I know I should have stayed home."

"You're going to leave soon, stop panicking. "

"Am I? Because I have to be at work by 10." Said India

"Well.. let's just go downstairs and if she see you.. oh well."

"Heck No Amber, your mom already hates me."

"Well do you want to go to work or not?"

"Fine."

We went downstairs thank God mom was in the bathroom, we opened the front door and it was my dad's car pulling up in the drive way. I love my dad.. he accepts me and India and he's like the coolest guy ever! Him and my mom have been married for 13 years.. He isn't living with us right now though.. he's taking care of my sick grandma in Virginia.

"Hey Daddy!!" I yelled, giving him a hug.

"Hows my girl?" He asked

"I'm great."

"Hi Mr.Watson." said India shaking his hand.

"Hello!"

"Ahhh sorry I have to go, bye Amber, bye Mr.Watson." India said getting into her car.

We waved bye and she left.

"Sooo how's grandma?" I asked.

"She's doing great actually.. she's getting better and better everyday."

"Thats good." I said.

"You need to come visit her Amber, she's always asking about you."

"Thanks but no thanks.. I'm just fine in North Carolina, I really don't like going to Virginia"

He got quiet. We started to walk in the house then I stopped him.

"Hey Dad, can you please not tell mom that India was over here?"

"Linda still hates her?"

"Yep every since she found out we dated."

Mom opened the door.

"Oh Amber, I was calling you.. I didn't know you was outside, and Kevin.. your here early.. I'm not done cooking. "

"Its fine." He said.

We came in and sat at the kitchen table. I miss times like this.. when we were just one happy family.

"OK Amber, we all know that you're 16 .. so we are not gonna talk to you like a baby.. me and your dad are getting a divorce." Said Mom.

"Wait.. what?" I said... I looked at dad.

"Its true." Said dad in shame.

"And your dad had a affair and now has a girlfriend." Said mom.

"LINDA" dad yelled. "I wanted to tell her that .

"This is a joke right?" I asked.

"No sweetie.. I wish it was. Look, I haven't been competly honest with you this past year... yes me and your mom are getting a divorce, but it's only because we have grown apart, I need my happiness too.. so yes, I do have a girlfriend, her name is Tina and I think you're really going to like her."

"Your happiness? What about my happiness? Or Mom's happiness? You are leaving this family and you're calm about it like this is normal."

"If I could go back I would." Said Dad.

"Bullshit." I mumbled.

"Well go on.. tell her the rest.. " mom said.

"There's more?!" I said out of shock.

"Ok.. look, grandma is not sick... she is very healthy. I actually have a house in Virginia.. I live in Virginia with Tina and her Son.. I want you to come stay with us sometimes.. we live in a good neighborhood and..."

"Stop... Just stop it dad. So let me get this straight. You are divorcing my mother, you have your own family now, you lied to me about my grandma and now you want me to brush it off and stay with you sometimes."

"Well don't think your mom is a Angel either... because she's not... " said dad. We both looked at her.

"Look, I can't do this... I really can't. Its so many mixed emotions going on right now." I said

"Um look... I should go.." said dad.

"Yeah you should.." said mom.

"Amber.. just please think about visiting me, and please forgive me... call me later.." begged dad.

"Goodbye Kevin." Said mom.

He left.