thirty

Aaliyah

I definitely did not prepare myself for these moments that  I've experienced in the past few months

I definitely did not prepare myself for these moments that  I've experienced in the past few months. When I met Janet she was my boss, someone I wanted to impress.

We definitely had quite the first encounter and that always stuck with me. That's why it wasn't hard to respect her or to give her respect. She took it from me the first day we met.

I also didn't know that I was going to be out of a job and in school right after I met her. I didn't know why, but I followed her lead all the time and I always take her advice on everything. Meeting Janet meant I had to meet Ariana and they were inseparable.

You always saw one with the other and I had grown a liking to her. I didn't like people at all. Still don't but ariana became a sister to me in a short amount of time.

Going to school with  Ari meant meeting all of her friends who are now my friends and we ride for each other. I've never had that, well besides my birth mom before she croaked.  I probably shouldn't have worded it like that but I'm not in the least sentimental.

I mean sure I cried but I don't consider it crying. I definitely only dropped two tears. Beyonce came with Ari and Janet and my was it fun. Janet definitely spoiled me and now I'm the way that I am but Beyonce, she literally gives us whatever we want. I love her for  being smart like that.

But honestly, they provided me with stability and hope that maybe someone could love me. Emotionally detached and all. I love it here and I love these people. I definitely love brookie more but that's not something anyone should know.

We were riding in the car and of course mom and Ari had to fight over what to eat. "Okay but whose driving?" "Ma that's not the point, please can we get McDonald's."

"Are you paying? Liyah honey what do you want to eat?" I shrugged. "I got left overs at dads so it don't matter." They both glared at me making me laugh.

"I don't know why y'all always try to use me as a tie breaker when y'all know I don't be caring." Both of them groaned before ma turned the radio up. My phone rang making me turn it back down. It was bey. "Yo?" I answered. "Where's ya momma?"

My eyebrows furrowed watching her struggle with Brooklynn. "She's right here, why wassup?" "She not answering her phone for some reason." Nodding I spoke. "Ma why you ain't answered ya phone?" "My phone is in bubbas bag, what's wrong?" "She asked what's wrong"

"Tell her my breast ain't got no milk they just here for fashion." When she said that both Ari and myself started dying. "Man what?" I asked laughing. "Ma, dad said her boobs are there for fashion ain't no milk in them." When Ari repeated it, it became even more funny.

"She said what?" Ma asked laughing. "Tell her to bring my baby to me." "She said to bring bubba." "Where y'all at?" "Look like a hotel ." I was going to continue before Ariana whined. "Mommy you said we were going for food man."