Chapter 1

Second Chance

Chapter 1

Disclaimer: I do not own the series Miraculous Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir. No copyright intended. I do own the story line, because I made that all up with my brain. AU Story. Enjoy :)

"Hey girl!" Alya called over from the stairs.

I held onto my backpack strap as I greeted her, "Hey Alya."

"Are you ready for the party tomorrow night?" She asked.

I giggled, "Sure am. You?"

She smiled, "You bet I am. It's going to be so awesome and between us Nino got a connection to hook us up." She whispered the last part.

I looked over at Nino, eyebrow raised, "What? Cut loose a little Marinette. Booze at a teen party is always a must. Might do you some good."

I scuffed, "And what is that supposed to mean, exactly?"

Alya gave him a look and he shrank back, "Sorry, Mar, but it's true. It's been months and you're still so...stiff."

"And what is wrong with me focusing on my school work? I've earned it." I defended myself.

"Nothing, girl, nothing is wrong with it. He just means it would be good for you to not be so serious all the time. That's all." Alya said, clarifying for Nino.

I pursed my lips, "Didn't realize I was."

Alya smiled a little and put an arm over my shoulder, "I know. Everyone has their own way of getting over a break up. You've just dived right into any kind of work you can find, aside from school, you've been working in the bakery a lot more lately too. I barely see you, Mari. This party might just be the thing to help you relax. It'll be a good thing."

I raised an eyebrow, "And Anarka is okay with us drinking on the houseboat?"

Alya bit her lip, "Not exactly."

I sighed, "Alya." I whined her name as we all walked to our lockers.

"What's the matter, Mari?" Juleka asked me as she closed her locker.

"Did you know that Nino is bringing alcohol to the party tomorrow-" I began to say but was cut off by Juleka.

She put her hands over my mouth, "Shhhh. I already know. I asked him to."

She let go as I gasped, "Jules, why would you do that? You know your mom wouldn't allow it unsupervised."

"Shhh, Mari, keep your voice down. I know but it's really no big deal, it's not like we will be doing anything illegal. We're all of age."

I raised my eyebrow as I was still 17 as was Rose, Kim, Nino, Nathaniel and Mylene, 18 is the legal age. I'll be 18 come August 6th. It's the end of January now, the 27th to be exact.

She smiled sheepishly, "Well most of us. But Luka is gonna be there so it's fine. He's practically an adult."

"And have you asked your brother if he's cool with babysitting all of us." I asked, shaking my head. 

Luka is 19 now, his birthday is September 26th, and I highly doubt he signed up for this. The Couffaine siblings thought of no better way to celebrate Juleka's 18th birthday. Ankara had agreed to the party as long as we were all responsible and didn't cause too much chaos while she spent the weekend away from home for work as her job needed her to travel for a meeting. She's going to be so disappointed in all of us when she finds out when she gets home on Monday. I don't like that thought.

Nino chuckled, "Babysitting? C'mon Mari, he agreed to it."

I looked back over to Juleka, she shrugged and smiled, "What? I have my ways."