Animals are great, until..

Animals are great, until your african grey parrot is screaming about how you're 'two entire seconds late waking up what IS THIS noncense do you not LOVE ME ANYMORE'

Atticus sighed, slowly covering his face with his duvet in a feeble attempt to outwit the suprisingly smart bird.

"Nice try, asshat." Atlas scowled in a strangely northern accent, lifting his head from preening his feathers. "Up, feed me peasant."

"Atlas you are two seconds away from turning into fr-"

"If you threaten to deep fry me again I will shit on your pillow." The parrot interrupted, death glaring him in only a way a very upset bird could.

Atticus frowned before lifting himself out from his cavern of blankets and wandered over to the spoilt overgrown chicken, filling his bowl with seeds and fruit before walking into the bathroom. He could briefly hear the bird devouring the food but rolled his eyes and closed the door to block out the strange grunts. He ran a hand through his mass of curly brown hair and, once deeming himself almost presentable, made his way downstairs.

"Morning hun," his mum began, placing down a bowl blueberries and raspberries, "sleep alright?"

"Yeah mum I slept good, thanks." Atticus replied, slowly lifting a blueberry to his mouth. However before he could enjoy it a certain bird swooped down and stole it from his fingers.
"Oi!"

Atlas was, as usual, unimpressed and uninterested. Lifting the berry to his beak and making direct eye contact as he bit into it.

"You got another letter, hun." His mum smiled weakly, handing him a sealed letter. One of many, in fact.

Atticus had many skills but his gift in procrastination was truly the best, as he'd been putting off opening the letter for three years.

"I don't need Hogwarts, mum. I can learn everything from you."

His mother frowned, it was true she was a gifted witch but quite frankly she thought her son needed to get out of the house more.

"You have to go, darling, i have to put my foot down."

Atlas laughed from the corner, "Yeah ship the kid off to boarding school."

"You're going too, Atlas. I've had enough of you two squabbling around the house recently. Atticus, we're going shopping in an hour."

Atticus sighed, knowing full well he had no other choice.

He finally had to go to Hogwarts.