XIX

~~~

Lisa sits down in front of the woman. She's still not sure if she's made the right decision by showing up here when nobody knows about it.

What if the media finds out about her little secret? What if this woman is not as trustable? What if this is a mistake and she should just relay on Jennie to help her out with her problems?

Her thoughts are shaken away as the woman breaks the silence.

"So, Ms. Manoban, what brought you here today?" Her voice is gentle and careful. It reminds her of warmth, even though deep down, Lisa is nothing but frozen from the mere thought of her life secrets getting spread on news. She can't help her shaky hands as she fidgets nervously.

"I..." Lisa thinks. What did bring her here really? "I thought... I just talk." Lisa decides to lie, she doesn't really find it in herself to talk what has been on her mind in the first session.

"Of course. The time is yours, Ms. Manoban."

"Just Lisa, please."

"Okay, Lisa." She smiles. "Just so you know... we don't have to talk about anything special. It's completely your choice."

Lisa doesn't know how to respond to the piece of information that the woman has just given her. She tries to gather all her thoughts together, tries to find out where she can start so she would feel safe about. But years of keeping her walls out, Lisa has found herself almost unable to express what she really feels or wants. She's never been one to talk much about her life, especially not the aspects that others couldn't see.

"Why don't you tell me about modeling? Is it easy?"

"Easy?" Lisa repeats, tasting the word, trying to put it together with modeling. "It's not easy. It's anything but easy."

"Which part of it is the hardest?" The therapist asks, eyeing Lisa closely.

"I-... the food diet." Lisa answers, and then her mind shows other parts, the parts she has suffered a lot with. "Or... no! Uh... maybe the-... it... it's tiring."

"Okay..."

"But it's fun." Lisa quickly corrects herself, not wanting to give the woman a reason to judge her. "It's fun to work with a lot of people, most of them are so cool."

"I'm glad to hear that you love your job." She doesn't miss the way Lisa's body flinches. Love is never the word she'd use to describe her career as a model with. "So... how about we talk about how it started?"

"Oh!" Lisa swallows. "Well... YG scouts found me. It was... it was a dance competition. They chose me because I was tall and skinny."

"You mean they weren't to that event to see your dance skills?"

"I-... uh... no." Lisa answers, feeling cornered and defeated as the therapist, Mrs. Shin, seems to have her in her fist. "I didn't win it, so..." She shrugs.

"Okay." Mrs. Shin nods. "So, then you became a model?"

"No. They accepted me as a trainee. I was there for two years before I got my first project." Lisa looks down, trying to see the best angle of the time before debuting. "I met Teddy Oppa and Chaeyoung there."

"Your friends?"

"Yeah." Lisa nods. "Chaeyoung is a singer and Teddy her producer. They let me in their circle."

"They must've helped you a lot."

"They did." She agrees. "Teddy has been like a brother figure to me, I-... my relationship with my own brother isn't as close."