Changing Trends in India

The most spiritual people we have known, growing up were our grandparents. We knew that worshiping was a part of life and should be done daily. But we never put our soul to it, it was just something which was suppose to be done. Now things have change. I feel, the closeness with foreign culture made us curious and when we dug into their culture we realized it is not even half as vast as Indian culture. No offence to anyone, I respect every dharma.

The most facinating thing is that youngsters have started growing interest in these things. After giving it a thought, I have realized that a tv serial named Radhakrishn and the podcast of Ranveer (also known as beer biceps) played a huge role in this. His podcast are very in-depth and knowledgeable people from all across the world tells, many many unheard stories which are worth listening. The variety is commendable, podcasts about spirituality, history, mythology, political, social issues are available and it is great to increase knowledge about important topics. 

Everywhere around the world, these days my instagram feed is all about how some foreigners have shifted to India and how they have adapted really well, gained knowledge about our stories, our language and they are really interested in visiting various places. I have no opinion towards changing the countries name from India to Bharat but its a good thought that our prime minister changed the name of  a few states. Also, slowly school's syllabus is changing, and topics related to Indians are mentioned cause I grew up studies mughals history and our cbse board syllabus includes chapters regarding French and Russian Revolution. I just want my future children to learn things about how Indians were talented enough to invent plastic surgery and gravity, not how some people discovered it later unaware of the discoveries we Indians made, we never got recognition for that. My future children should know India was prosperous and not that they were ruled by mughals and englishmen. I won't deny this, but this is not our history, its just a part of it. 

You know earlier I never thought of these things much, but I saw things on Internet, how foreigners are actually impressed by our culture, tradition, songs, dance form and stories. It made me realize that we don't give us much credit. While growing up I have heard people saying how comfortable western cloths are and how people think Indian cloths are too tacky and you know too much. But now kurtis, jhumkas and jutti are in trend and they look really aesthetic and simple. While foreigners were wearing suffocating and tights corsets, Indians were wearing heavy sarees and too many jewelries. My point is both were uncomfortable. Prints were our forte and englishmen didn't have resources for that so they used their strengths by saying "less is more". Its time that we appreciate our culture too, and I am glad too see these changes around me. People all across the world greeted each other Namaste during covid, It was a proud moment for us. 

I am not against western culture, ofcourse, how  can I be, I grew up in an English Medium School, Whole life I wore western cloths and I am happy that we are not isolated, we welcome new culture as well, I too like taylor swift, I listen to english song. The whole point of writing this was that, we are amazing the way we are, but its important to not forget our culture as well, and we are slowing incorporating that.

Next time you get sometime, after reading my blogs, you can listen to some podcasts, believe me if you find the right podcast it will give you a lot of knowledge that you didn't know yet, but was worth knowing for sure.   

Thanks for reading!