Chapter O3-4N: Network Error

Everyone heads inside. Ibuki points Date towards the front offices while everyone else heads to the practice rooms. He has a look around the room before proceeding.

This place looks like Lemniscate.

"I understand that this is also a talent agency, but it is unbelievable how much this place looks exactly like Lemniscate."

Date examines a piece of art located to the right of the entrance.

What's with these places having weird art?

"These places? Date, this is the second talent agency you've ever been to. You cannot judge every talent agency with just a sample size of two."

Wait, zoom in on that plaque.

Aiba zooms in on the descriptive plaque next to the painting.

"It is titled 'Every Agency has Weird Art.'"

That answers my question.

"It does not!"

Date approaches the receptionist's desk.

"May I help you?" The receptionist asks, sporting a very familiar tone.

What the- Ritsuko?

"What are you doing here?" Date asks the receptionist.

"Huh? Like, what do you mean?" The receptionist asks. "I work here, duh!"

That can't be. Does Ritsuko have a twin sister?

"I do not believe she does."

"Aren't you the receptionist at Lemniscate?" Date asks.

"Ugh, why does everyone keep asking that?" The receptionist answers. "I'm obviously the receptionist here at Nebula!"

"So you're not Ritsuko?" Date asks.

"No, I'm Mitsuko" The receptionist answers.

"So, is Shano Hinegami available?" Date asks, with not a single thought of Atami in his brain.

"Hm, let me check" the receptionist answers. She types away on her keyboard, seemingly at random. "Ugh. Still doesn't work."

"Is something wrong?" Date asks.

"I'm fine, thanks" Receptionist answers.

Date and Aiba stay silent for a few seconds.

"So is Shano Hinegami here today or not?" Date asks.

"Yeah, I saw her earlier today" Receptionist answers. "But like, you might wanna stay away from her. She might be sick."

"Sick? Shouldn't she stay home?" Date asks.

"I don't know, but I heard her say something about a virus" Receptionist says. "She looked pretty healthy to me. Maybe it's one of those invisible viruses."

"Date. I am getting a sneaking suspicion that Shano Hinegami may not be sick."

I know. But we still need to talk to her.

"What are you going to do?"

Don't worry. I have a plan.

"I might be able to help" Date improvises. "I'm a doctor."

"For real?" Receptionist asks. "Like, why didn't you say so in the first place? Let me take you to her office."

"I cannot believe that worked."