Prologue

The wind was blowing as flakes of snow fell from the icy sky above Pop Village, the Sun shivered due to the cold breeze as his teeth chittered. A SpaceBeetle beamed down from the atmosphere spreading glitter and colorful lights all across the land. The Pop Trolls all reached up for the shimmer as they knew it only meant one thing. The return of their beloved local celebrity, Guy Diamond, husband of the Disco queen, Stellar Jives, however, the ruler of the Pop kingdom was not present during their arrival. She was busy with her fiance, searching for a performer to play at their wedding reception.

Poppy and Branch sat down on mushrooms along with Viva serving as a judge by their side. She tapped the pen against her clipboard and threw her fake glasses on a bush. Chaz stopped playing his soothing melody as it had already lured a few trolls toward him. Viva slammed her fists on a tiny red beetle and yelled, "Too jazzy. NEXT!"

A bucket of glitter glue is spilled on Chaz as he's boosted away from the stage by a catapult-like platform. She snapped her fingers and a tiny spider brought her her glasses as she read the documents further.

"Wow." Branch laughed alleviated by the removal of Chaz and his music, "Your sister is a great wedding planner. Just like you."

"I know right?" Poppy agreed with him as she looked over at Viva scribbling all over the clipboard, "I honestly don't know where we got it from... Mom and Dad are awful at planning parties. One time they tried to invite all the other old troll leaders for a games night but SnailMailed them to the 'Troll Leaders'!"

Branch gasped in realization, "Ooh, so that's where Clay got the invitation from..."

"Probably." Poppy shrugged it off with a snorty laugh.

Viva resumed her maid of honor duties and cleared her throat as she spoke against the mic  fiercely, "Folk Troupe."

The Folk Troupe was a small band of male Folk Trolls that variated from different sizes, western clothes, matching beards, and caps. The lead singer spit on a jar as he slowly stomped his boot against the stage and the band began to play in the back, "As I walked out on the streets of Laredo.
As I walked out on Laredo one day,
I spied a poor cowboy wrapped in white linen,
Wrapped in white linen as cold as the clay."

"TOO DEPRESSING." Viva shouted at them as she pressed the button big yet again but this time they did not get such punishment as Chaz did, "Little Miss Polka."

Little Miss Polka hurried to the stage and placed a single stool in the center, she did not speak at all. She performed an exquisite rendition of 'Levan Polka' with her professional accordion and yet it was not enough for the judge.

"Nope." She repeated the same cycle with the next candidates, B-Spin, The Mariachi Sisters, and The  Barbershop Boys, and then it came down to two options left, "Samba troll..."

The single make Sambe Troll walked on top of the stage with a charming look overall. He caressed the microphone and winked at Viva. He began to sing romantically, "Tall, and tanned, and young, and lovely
The troll from-"

"Stop!" Vova halted another performance as she expressed her opinions, "Your music is supposed to be very ambiance pleasing... This is almost etrollic!"

The troll gulped as he was blasted away by the catapult. Viva crushed her fake glasses and burned her clipboard angrily, "Brozone is always the best candidate. Branchy, my sweet Bro-In-Law, you wouldn't mind singing at your wedding, now would you?"

"Uhhh, no?" Branch replied almost intimidated by her behavior.

"Goodie! One thing's checked outta my list!" Viva reassembled her clipboard and risked the duty off from her paper. She kicked her feet happily as she wandered away with her fellow Putt-Putt friends into the snowy fields.

"That was intense." Branch confessed as he wiped the frozen sweat from his forehead, "But I do have to agree those are not the best options under that category. It's just not us."

Poppy smiled at him and said, "Yeah! We're like an electric sound wave busting through the brains of the kingdom and then the waves getting revered and blasting them all to sleep!"

"Oddly specific." Branch stated but he appreciated her excitement.

 "Branch, we should take a break from all the wedding prep and focus on something that's almost equally as important." Poppy reminded as she held onto his hands softly.

"And that is?" Branch was unsure of what she talking about.

"It's time for the winter holidays!" Poppy beamed with jow as she released a colorful scrapbook with illustrations of the Brozone bros and her family in it, "My first holiday with my mom and our first holiday as a complete family."

"Oh, yeah..." Branch wanted to be as excited as her but he knew his family wasn't complete, "That's great!"

"C'mon!" Poppy grabbed his hand and pulled him into action.

The two trolls lunged onto the back of two glowflies and wandered to the main center of the village. The trolls were all gathered and waiting for the commemorations to begin.