𝙱𝚘𝚗𝚓𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚜

We had already made reservations at our hotel so we didn't have to bother searching for one. Our room was on the top floor, with a direct view of the Eiffel Tower. As soon as we came in, Lily put Emmy to sleep and we both took a long shower. Right now, I was laying in the bathtub, with Lily tucked underneath my arm. She looked so peaceful, just laying there and doing nothing. 

"What are we going to do today?" she suddenly asked.

"First, we'll visit the Eiffel Tower. Then, we'll go to the two restaurants I've picked out for us. They say their food is delicious. Oh, and then I have a surprise for you." 

Her whole body turned to face me.

"What surprise?" she spoke. Her eyes were wide and she was grinning.

"It won't be a surprise if I tell you." I replied, winking and giving her a sly smile.

She began to pout and whine, and I thought she looked really cute. But then suddenly, there came a knock at the door, and Emerson's sweet voice greeted our ears.

"Atlas, are you in there?"

I found it surprising that she called me and not Lily, but who was I to complain?

"Yes, hun, what's up?"

"H-have you seen Mommy?"
I scratched my neck as it grew real awkward. Lily's eyes were widened and she was shaking her head. I grinned when I saw how nervous she was.

"No, hun, I suppose she's downstairs. Why don't you go back to sleep, and I'll come out in a minute? Then we can search for her together."
"Oh, a-alright, then." 

I heard her yawn as her footsteps began to fade, and then Lily hit me playfully on my shoulder.

"You - teasing - git!" she said, laughing quietly. I smiled broadly, and pressed my mouth against her as she was laughing. 

This honeymoon was going good.

~▫~▫~▫~▫~▫~▫~▫~▫~▫~▫~

"Bonjour Monsieur! Comment puis-je vous aider?" *Hello there sir! How may I help you?*

"Euh, nous avons une réservation ici pour une table de trois sur le toit." *Uh, we have a reservation here for a table of three on the rooftop *

I spoke to the waiter who welcomed us into this nice and cozy-looking restaurant. Emerson was lookin at everything with awe while Lily looked at me, astonished. I give her a ghost of a smile and wink as the waiter nods and leads us into the restaurant. We climb the stairs which lead us to the rooftop. The railings are decorated with golden lights, which twinkle and shine brightly. Pots of flowers and plants are scattered here and there and beautiful clumps of white-beaded mistletoe intertwine across the walls. A nice, welcoming smell of sweet nectar greeted us, and the waiter led us to a table at the very edge. Lily was dressed in an elegant, black jumpsuit. Her hair was down, and she'd done a little bit of makeup. Nevertheless, she looked flawless. After that incident in the shower, we successfully stalled Emmy and then got ready for sightseeing. We had visited the Eiffel Tower, where Emmy went crazy. She had jumped up and down, and practically dragged us down to eat croissants. Me and Lily had stolen a little kiss while Emmy wasn't looking, and I had snapped a quick picture. Then, we headed to the Louvre, where we saw the Mona Lisa and the Venus de Milo. Lily took a lot of pictures, and I think that was her favourite place so far. I enjoyed it a lot, considering that one of my favourite hobbies was visiting museums. Then, like I'd told Lily, we headed to the first restaurant I had picked for us. It was evening right now, and the sun hung low, painting the sky in it's orange and yellow hues. The golden light provided a perfect contrast to the sky, and the light breeze created a perfect atmosphere. Piano music was playing in the background, and I recognized the tune of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata. 

We sat down and got comfortable as Lily nudged me.

"How did you speak French like that?"
"I learned it while on a tour here. I stayed here for a whole month, and meanwhile learned the language so I wouldn't face any problems."

"A tour to France ?"

"Yup."

She huffed and smiled lightly. Emmy stared all around her with goggling eyes, staring at the huge Eiffel Tower.

"I'm gonna ask you something, alright?" Lily said, all of a sudden, I braced myself and nodded.

"What's the surprise?" she blurted out, making a puppy dog face. I laughed, and an evil grin spread across my features.

"I. Won't. Tell. You." I said in a singsong voice, and she groaned, bombarding me with 'Please!' and 'I promise I won't tell anyone' for a whole hour. Our food arrived soon after. I had ordered Bouillabaisse, Quiche, and of course, Cassoulet. Lily didn't waste any time before digging in. Emmy took a bit of the Bouillabaisse, while me and Lily tried the Quiche. Lily began to eat and I waited for her reaction, but all I got was 'Mmm' and 'Ahh'. 

"Do you like it?" I asked. Lily looked at me with a poker face and said:
"It's so goddamn good, I could eat the whole thing!"

I tried the Quiche, and honestly, was surprised at how tasty it was. Every bite was cheesy and hd bits of meat and ham in it. The Cassoulet was also really good, since the mutton and the white beans blended to make a perfect dish. I was savouring the taste, when Lily's eyes widened. I followed her line of sight to see an entire dance floor, where couples were doing ballroom dances and so on. I got up, taking Lily with me.

"I don't know how to dance, for heaven's sake!" she hissed at me. Emmy began to clap as I grabbed Lily's hand, and placed it on my shoulder. I held her by the waist, and we began to dance slowly. I didn't know how to dance all that well, but I was kind of good. Lily was cursing me all the while, but then she fell into rhythm and we both began to dance faster as the music's pace bgan to increase too.

"I like this." she whispered.

"What happened to 'I don't know how to dance'?"
"Ah, well." she smirked. Suddenly, I felt her grip slack as she slipped. I hoisted her up just in time and made it look like I was holding her that way.

I could hear Emmy's claps and jeers as Lily gasped. I pulled her back up and we continued our moves like that didn't even happen. Lily grinned real wide and gave me a quick peck on the lips.

"You know what, Atlas?" she suddenly said.
"What?" I asked.

She paused for a second before placing her forehead against mine.

"I love you." 

It wasn't the first time I'd heard her say that to me, but I felt exhilarated listening to those words. Every word of hers was precious to me, and these words breathed new life into my soul.

"I love you too, Lily. More than you could ever imagine."