Meeting

_~ Kazuha POV ~_
- ~•~ -

As lunch rolled around the corner, so did my hunger. Seeing how I didn't eat any breakfast this morning, it's probably why.

I walked into the reverberating lunchroom, already regretting it. It was noisy, couldn't people be a little more quiet?

I sat down at the table me and my friends usually sit at, waiting patiently.

As normal, Heizou was the first one to show up. Venti and Xiao followed quickly behind, Venti was waving and hollering as he saw me and Heizou sitting at the table, and eventually stopped once he got closer.

Everyone now seated, we began our usual conversations, consisting of Venti screaming his head off, Heizou arguing with everyone in sight, and Xiao defending Venti whenever Heizou picked a fight with him.

I sighed, something felt off. I was supposed to do something at lunch.. what was it?

Oh! That's right. I was supposed to get Scaramouche to sit with me again today.

I searched around the cafeteria. I just realized I haven't seen him the entirety of the time lunch was. Where could he even be?

"I'll be right back, I'm going to the bathroom." I voiced as I stood up from my seat, my friend's gazes turning towards me.

"I'll come! I have to go too since my 2nd period teacher wouldn't let me.." Venti made a pouty face, and I could see Xiao blushing a bit at it. God, he must be head over heels for this braided jester.

I nodded in response to Venti's comment. I guess Venti could help me look for Scaramouche after he went to the bathroom. Either way he is going to meet him, so it's not that big of a deal.

Also, it's not like I'm introducing him to my boyfriend or anything. Scaramouche is just a friend, so there's no need to word it like I'm getting my nonexistent parents to meet my lover.

Me and Venti walked down the halls to get to the bathroom, which for one, was super disgusting. I guess you can't expect more from the boys bathroom though.

"Oh yeah, you said you were going to introduce us to your new crush, how come you didn't bring him to lunch with us?" Venti said as we both neared the bathroom doors. His voice was playful, but I still made a face at him.

"I told you already, he's just my friend I met. Now shut it and use the restroom." I said, leaning against the wall. I waited for Venti to use the bathroom, twisting my hair through my fingers.

A stall opened, not the one Venti was using, as it was the handicap one, y'know, the one with the sinks in them? We weren't in the lunchroom bathrooms so I didn't expect anyone to be in here. A purple haired boy walked out, looking rather stiff.

Wait-! That's Scaramouche!

"Scaramouche..!" I hollered after him, causing him to turn around. He looked a bit startled, as if he hadn't somehow heard me yelling at Venti to take a shit already.

"Huh- oh, Kazuha." Scaramouche greeted me, giving me a small, yet polite, smile. The atmosphere felt quite awkward, and Scaramouche was being kinder than usual, which was very odd.

At that moment, Venti happened to walk out of the stall. The one directly next to Scaramouche's. Venti gave me a weird look after looking at how me and Scaramouche were in conversation, then smirked.

"Oh~? Is this the boy you were talking about?" Venti said, walking over to me and nudging my arm. He grinned mischievously, as expected. "Your name is Scaramouche, right?" Venti turned to Scaramouche, who was looking a bit awkward.

"Ah-! Yeah.. this is the guy I said I wanted to introduce you guys to." I smiled at Scaramouche, who gave me a weak smile back and walked closer to me and Venti.

"Correct." Scaramouche bluntly confirmed Venti's query of his name. Scaramouche seemed a bit off right now, but then again, I've only known him for a couple of days. Maybe he normally acts like this sometimes..?

"Would you like to walk back with us to our lunch table, you can sit with us!-" Venti offered, smiling at Scaramouche. I knew Venti was planning something mischievous, but I couldn't yet tell what.

"Not if you don't wash your hands first." I sternly looked at Venti, who had a look of realization. I sighed, he must've forgotten when we were talking. God, he really needs to learn how to remember things on his own. One time in junior high, Venti ended up loosing his backpack and made me and Xiao stay and look for it with him after school. We never found it.

Once Venti had washed his hands, the three of us headed back to the cafeteria.

"Are you a new student here?" Venti asked Scaramouche, who was standing on the other side of me. His eyes somehow were able to capture my glance underneath the dim lighting of the school hallways. He had really pretty eyes for a guy.

"Yes." Scaramouche nodded as he replied. "I transferred here late last week." The purple haired boy gave Venti a polite smile.

The three of us arrived at the cafeteria, quickly finding the table at which my friends sat at. Of course I had always sat at the table so I knew where it was, but it was easily found when looked for. The table was one of the first ones to the entrance of the cafeteria, slightly to the right.

I sat down, Scaramouche quickly taking the seat next to me. Venti sat down in the seat he was sitting in before, next to Xiao.

"Who's that?" Xiao asked, glaring uneasily at Scaramouche. Ah, I guess Xiao is the only one now who hasn't met Scaramouche.

"The is the boy I told you was going to sit with us today." I replied, the corners of my mouth upwards. Xiao's gaze seemed to soften a bit, but he didn't seem to fully put down his guard yet.

"Hello. I'm Scaramouche." Scaramouche gave his name out once again, but he didn't smile this time. I guess it's because of Xiao's cautious behavior, but he doesn't seem to be acting the same as he was when I introduced Venti to him.

"There's no need to be so stiff!" Heizou butted in, finally joining the conversation. I wonder if he had just been observing us up until now.

//-//

Words: 1079

Well, I'm finally done with this chapter! I'm sorry it's a bit shorter, but I haven't had much motivation to finish any chapters recently. Of course, this isn't an excuse and I hope to get out more chapters soon. See you next chapter! ٩('ω')و