Chapter One

Weiss was just being born on the cold night on May 15th. She was curled up in her mother's arms as Jacques looks at Weiss in disgust. Great, another daughter. Why couldn't she be a son?

Little Weiss falls asleep in her mother's arms and Willow cradles her gently. She lays her down for a nap. She looks at Jacque and says nothing. She didn't want to say it but she suspected that Jacques only married her for her name.

Winter walks over and sits down to hold Weiss. "I have a baby sister." She smiles and kisses her forehead.

Jacques huffs and goes. "I have meetings to go to. I don't know when I'll be back."

Winter frowns. She noticed at her young age that her father clearly didn't care about the family. The Schnee Dust Company was all he cared about.

Willow just goes to drink. She already had bruises on her arms just for being pregnant with yet another daughter. Jacques wanted a boy, not another girl.

Winter places Weiss in her bed for the night while she slept on the floor. She goes into a deep sleep. After a few hours, she started hearing noises as if someone was trying to come in her bedroom.

Willow sobers up immediately and uses her semblance to fight off the intruder. Tyrian falls from the balcony to the ground and goes back to Salem.

Willow grabs Weiss immediately and holds her against her chest. Weiss was wailing. Willow tries her best to calm her down. She sits down and rocks Weiss back and forth until she falls asleep as if nothing ever happened.